Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi first post here. i really don't no to much about leasing. anyways my wife wants to get the limited 2008 tribeca. the one she was looking at is i think 33,240 msrp. now what do u guys think i should be paying for this car. say a 39 month lease. i was hoping in the low 400.00's. with zero down. also with 12,000 miles a year. anyone now what the interest rate is and the residual on the car. thank you eric

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Let me ask you this. Why do you choose to lease vs. purchase? I'm no financial expert, but aren't lease conditions based on your credit rating? I just think there are too many variables in a lease. We purchased our 07 B9 7pass Limited for $26.5. With $15k down and a good rating, we pay ~$280/ month for 5yrs. Very straight forward.

·
Registered
6 Posts
http://www.leaseguide.com/calc.htm

Not going to get too close to $400/mo with zero down.

I have been researching this the past couple weeks.
Here are the numbers you need:

MSRP: 33240
Negotiated price: 31240
(up to you and the dealer. They should come down off sticker a bit, the "no-haggle" dealer around here is advertising 2k off sticker so I'll use that.)

Additional costs: $2500
(will depend on your particular state)
lease fee - $600 - bank fee - not much getting around this
taxes - $1000 - estimated sales tax on the portion you use, in MN it is paid upfront.
title/plates - $400 (est. based on your state)
first mo. payment - $500 (estimate)

Cap Cost reductions (Other): $1000
Subaru is kicking back a $1000 rebate on Tribeca leases this month.

Residual %: 56
10k miles: 57%
12k miles: 56%
15k miles: 55%

Money factor: .0015
They have to dig for this. Base Tribeca is .0018. Limited is actually a little better (.0015, about 3.6%)

Term: 36
The rate varies depending on the term, for whatever reason 36 mo. looks like the sweet spot right now.

Sales tax: 0%
This was already estimated in the upfront costs, so leave it at zero here.
Or if you pay tax per month, you can take it out of the upfront and add it here.

Total: $469.42/mo

Those are pretty standard numbers from Chase/Subaru. You will have to wade through some chatting with the finance manager to get at all of them. They may vary by region, I don't know. From what I understand, there aren't really "tiers" of credit on the leases, either you qualify or you don't. With the Subaru incentive and decent rates, the lease isn't a bad deal right now.

·
Registered
9 Posts
yup

That pretty much matches my lease only differences are that it is on one of the fully loaded models and I added extra warranty and free maintence, stain protector on the inside, some sort of protector for the undercariage which bumped the price to 515.

·
Registered
26 Posts
We leased an 08 Limited last November for 451$ a month with no money down (Just first payment and fees that added up to around 600$) I did use my Employee discount to get it 2% below wholesale. We also have 17k miles a year. Car has day/night mirror, all weather mats, Rear bumper cover and a few other small things.

Hope this helps...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi, I would like to ask how do I determine the formula for the annual depreciation rate for my Tribeca 2008 model.

Its not that I want to sell my Tribeca, but its for Insurance matters.

Thank you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts