Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did all 2006 TB come with a car alarm? I have yet been able to get mine to come on. The security light comes on when I lock the doors but nothing happens when I open the door. Any ideas?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting. You are saying that the oem alarm will go off meaning the horm will beep over and over again or are uq saywings this is how you turn the alarm off all together. If it's the first one, Ill assuming that not all b9s have an alarm then. I read that the security flashing on the dash is just an immoblizer. From Peatys site: "The standard security is not an alarm but an "Immoblizer" the car will not start unless you have the key (with the imbedded chip) in proximity to the motor. You can upgrade to the shock sensor though."

·
Registered
155 Posts
I believe this is what you are looking for. the immobilizer, which is part of the security system, is just the key chip function.

1) Close all doors and rear gate, and sit down on the driver’s seat. Press the UNLOCK button of the keyless
transmitter.
2) Turn the ignition switch ON.
3) Push the centralized door lock switch down and open the driver’s side door at the same time, and hold in
this condition for 10 seconds.​
4) If the security system is ON, it will turn OFF. If OFF, it will turn ON.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I believe this is what you are looking for. the immobilizer, which is part of the security system, is just the key chip function.

1) Close all doors and rear gate, and sit down on the driver’s seat. Press the UNLOCK button of the keyless
transmitter.
2) Turn the ignition switch ON.
3) Push the centralized door lock switch down and open the driver’s side door at the same time, and hold in
this condition for 10 seconds.​
4) If the security system is ON, it will turn OFF. If OFF, it will turn ON.
OK.
Am I holding the unlock button on the transmitter whilst doing the rest?
When u say centralized door lock you mean on the door right? So that is lock and not unlock correct.
I tried doing that and whenever I start doing the sequece the door locks. I open the door first and then hit lock but the door just locks
Would I hear an audible beeping?

·
Registered
155 Posts
that is verbatim from the pdf.

I would assume press and release on the remote in step 1.

to me, step 3 implies holding down the unlock button for ten seconds in the door after you open it.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
OK I got it to work. I read my manual and it actually tells you it is the unlock button. Sit in the front seat and make sure all doors are closed. 2)UNLOCK THE CAR WITH THE DOOR SWITCH. 3) Put the car key in and set it to the on position. 3) within 5 seconds push and hold the unlock button and then open the door while holding down the unlock button for 10 seconds. Once you hear the horn look at the trip odometer for al on or al off. I wonder why the manual pdf doesn't have the same wording. It was super easy worded this way. The alarm was set to off but it is now working. Thank you for your help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts