Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being a Subaru fan, i jumped at the chance to buy a b9 for 200 bucks. It had some known problems, and wasn't running because battery and alternator plus engine problems. Now starts my journey repairing this vehicle, and seeing if it will be my chariot on my road trip, or if I sell it and repair my other vehicle for my drive.

The second vehicle is 2001 forester. The new one is 2006 b9. They both are in rough shape, but with some work, I could have two working vehicles. Having lived in my forester, I consider keeping the forester and towing it behind the b9, since the b9 has decent towing capacity and the forester is light.

Not really sure in the b9 is up for that task in healthy state, so please tell me if it's unrealistic

There were known problems that I didn't know the source of, which is who the vehicle was bought cheap. The battery being dead suggests an alternator problem. Theres also a nasty clunking from the alternator area, which we expect is the alternator, but also could be the water pump. To me it sounded more open to air, with that meaning more likely its the alternator.

Took a flyer, and ordered a new alternator, rather than just getting the old one tested. This car has battery problems and brand new alternator for 155 sounded good (175 after shipping and taxes). My foresters alternator is also having a problem, and perhaps they are interchangeable.

Fluid in air system pain, will describe later

Overheating while driving

Engine turning off while running

Very odd things indeed.

Needing to be careful to not invest too much into this vehicle, and so look forward to expanding the information Abbott whay is happening with my vehicle.

·
Registered
171 Posts
let me rephrase - you bought a 15years old car(and it wasn't sold because it was in perfect condition) for 200bucks and expect "not to invest" ?!
in which universe? :D

1) overheating can happen because of many things... sounds like you haven't checked anything regarding cooling system, right? what about coolant level? what about pressure cap on radiator? does your heater work? do fans switch on? bubbles in coolant?
2) alternator, battery - have you checked grounding? battery could have been just old. you might have something turned on all the time - which might "eat" your battery.
3) "fluid in air system pain" - what is this?
4) "engine turning off while runing" - have you read the codes? are there any?

p.s. if english is not your native language - which is? for example, I can understand Latvian, German, Russian besides English, but at times it is hard to understand what you are saying.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So you taking a positive thread where i say that i want to be careful not to invest too much, as saying that I dont want to invest. Learn to read, or troll with a bit more dignity.

Didnt post in journal for you to attempt to bash me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Acting as though I wasnt speaking in English.... At least the trolls are easy to ignore here. Saddened that the first reply is multiple attacks. Claiming that you know multiple languages tells me that you have failed to learn respect in all of them, or have decided not to grant it to me. There's too much of these trash individuals in forums......and likely this is indicative of why this one isnt popular.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What a great journal....learning that there's crappy people here who think attacking someone on a journal brings happy times. I can pretty much guarantee the same wouldnt say a peep to someones face..... Journal entry I am revolted at this website.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Journal is not here to get you to answer questions. That is in the general room. This os my journal. If I didnt expand upon something, then I dont need you attacking my lack of explanation. The truth is that you show your ignorance to how a journal works..... I dont carr about your opinions in my journal....but carry on showing the entire world how you lead with hatred, as if people think that you are the bastion of knowledge for attacking me. Society is not like that, and they will laugh at you thinking tearing into my diary is your right at all. Society is respectful and mature. You are not making allies with your attacks. Try that in the General room, as I pointed out before, because there people are asking for your input. Here I could care less, and you have given humorous entertainment for this afternoon...... Rememeber that giy on the internet who thought I wanted someone random to attack my journal in a fake show of helping me? Yeah, that was funny. You give a comedian plenty of new material buddy boy..... On a freaking journal hahaha. Perhaps I need other ways to explain this novel idea, and what it means to most people.

This same guy will comment the same on someone elses autobiography. I need to make sure that I speak enough english to not be attacked again..... What a trivial freaking stance... I would wager that person does NOT do the same in person.

·
Registered
171 Posts
what a drama queen... claims "I could care less", but keeps explaining(already 4 messages) his stupid doings by saying it is ok to be like that?

you mentioned - you are in ma. is that correct?

p.s. I was trying to help, but unless you get to "biggest wisdom - knowing your own limitations" as O. Wilde said - you are not going to understand anyway.
p.p.s. I am still intrigued by "fluid in air system pain" - what is that? :D

·
Administrator
737 Posts
Moote, V6er has a forward way about him/her but reading through the post I believe meant you no harm. You did pick up the vehicle for cheaper than most of us could dream of. I picked up mine for $6500 a few years ago and it ultimately had a bad engine.

The journal is not the place to get answers but it is fair game to answer them none the less. If it gets too technical it may be moved.

Moote, English is not the first language for many and if you come across as not speaking English natively please don't take it as a personal attack but as an opportunity to communicate in your native language or polish your English skills.

No one is perfect.

Lastly, don't go attacking this website's popularity. These vehicles are somewhat rare to begin with. Many people have moved on from this platform or to another platform. Accidents have happened, people have passed on or even away (I hate to say).

I am going to leave this thread open for positive communications only. If it starts getting out of hand again I will close the thread and take administrative action as necessary.

·
Administrator
737 Posts

·
Administrator
737 Posts
Where did you go anyways?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts