Subaru B9 Tribeca SUV Forum banner

puddle light problem

3K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  LORE BECA 
#1 ·
hey guys i got an 06 tribeca from florida that has the puddle lights, after the first snow storm it seems that three of the four have filled up with water and blown out. any way to replace them and make sure this dosent happen again? anyone else have this problem? and can they be fixed or do i have to buy new ones?

#2 ·
Hmm, I dunno. Maybe try to see if a dealer will fix it under warranty? We've had ours in the snow and rain with no probs...I haven't noticed any fog/water in the lenses of ours neither.

#3 ·
Agreed, I can't explain how they would become water logged. They are just tiny LED's. I would try the warranty route. If not, I think you'll have to replace the entire set. Check with Peaty, he installed his own lights. I had the dealer do mine.

#4 ·
yah when i first purchased the car they all worked great. after that about a week later all but the right rear puddle light went out, and when i look at the one that still works it is clear and you can see the lights and stuff, the other three are blurred and seem to have water in them. i am on the phone right now with subaru, keep you posted

#6 ·
Ouch, that sucks...the puddle lights are an accessory kit too, so I'm not even sure you can order just the light pods. I would have thought they are factory sealed b/c I believe they come fully wired to each other with a wiring harness.

#9 ·
I had a similar problem, ordered new light for around $30 and replaced it myslef. There are just two screws (under the plastic cover) which hold the light and the whole attachment comes off. You just unplug wires and plug in new light, done! 5 minutes job.
BTW, bulbs are not replaceable, you have to order the whole light.

Marek

#10 ·
yah i might try soa i had a case open for them with my 02 wrx that went no where, they say they can just replace the light pod, since it is all wired already it will be a cheaper fix, the seals must be breached because i see no visable way of a crack, they were fine untill a large snow storm then 3 of them went out, and they are foggy.

#12 ·
marek said:
I had a similar problem, ordered new light for around $30 and replaced it myslef. There are just two screws (under the plastic cover) which hold the light and the whole attachment comes off. You just unplug wires and plug in new light, done! 5 minutes job.
BTW, bulbs are not replaceable, you have to order the whole light.

Marek
Where did you order light from?

Having them installed at dealer today, so want to be prepared?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.