Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

I am new to both the site and the Tribeca. Her eis my problem so far and I am annoyed to all hell with it.

I bought an 07 Tribeca fully loaded with every option available. Only issue when I received it was that it had no keyless remotes which is pretty well useless since the alarm also auto equips itself and so if I wish to lock the door I must deal with the alarm each and every time I open it and put the key in the ignition ASAP to shut it off.

I have bought two remotes and have tried for countless hours to program these with the numbered codes and all the steps in the manual to do so.

Everything seems to be going fine in regards to the programming until I get to the step of having to actually hit the lock key with the left most digit in sequence and then unlock key after each number etc. The manual tells me once I start entering the numbered amount of keys the tone will go out, however the tone just continues through the 45 seconds or so and then goes out and lights stop flashingI get nowhere.........

I even put new battereis in the fob's simply because of the issues. Any help would be appreciated if anyone has some experience in doing their own.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Akacia said:
Hey Everyone,

I am new to both the site and the Tribeca. Her eis my problem so far and I am annoyed to all hell with it.

I bought an 07 Tribeca fully loaded with every option available. Only issue when I received it was that it had no keyless remotes which is pretty well useless since the alarm also auto equips itself and so if I wish to lock the door I must deal with the alarm each and every time I open it and put the key in the ignition ASAP to shut it off.

I have bought two remotes and have tried for countless hours to program these with the numbered codes and all the steps in the manual to do so.

Everything seems to be going fine in regards to the programming until I get to the step of having to actually hit the lock key with the left most digit in sequence and then unlock key after each number etc. The manual tells me once I start entering the numbered amount of keys the tone will go out, however the tone just continues through the 45 seconds or so and then goes out and lights stop flashingI get nowhere.........

I even put new battereis in the fob's simply because of the issues. Any help would be appreciated if anyone has some experience in doing their own.

Thanks in advance!
Buy it from a SUbaru dealer? If so, they need to resolve this for you. If you bought your Fobs from a Subaru dealer, same thing. If you bought both from a third party, you can STILL take it to a dealership and have them set the Fobs up for you.

·
Registered
191 Posts
keyless fob ebay easy

I only had one remote which i gave to wife.

my key kept setting off alarm when car was locked.

I bought a second remote on ebay. I opened the back of fob and found the code. I read thru the instructions and had it done on about my 3rd try. It was no more than a 30 min project ,including study time. Its easy..dealer told me he wanted $100 to program my fob.:D

here are the instructions i used http://www.cars101.com/subaru/keyless.html#05 legacy program remotes

try it..its a 2 on a scale of 1 to 10

·
Registered
191 Posts
keyless remote

Text Font Line Technology Electronic device

here is my remote I bought on ebay for $20

1 - 4 of 4 Posts