Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

Currently waiting on the dealer while they crunch some numbers on the financing on a '08 Base Tribeca 5-seater, but I wanted the 5-seat limited because of the heated leather seats. I currently drive a '07 UGM Fozzie 4EAT Prem, which will be traded. I test drove the Tribeca the other day and I liked the interior quality, quietness and overall size. I also like the engine power, when the Fozzie has 4-5 adults in it, it is lacking big time in power. Hopefully the Tribeca will not disappoint.:D

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Good luck on the numbers! We have the LTD and I'm glad we got it vs. cloth.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well I am a new tribeca owner... I have had my '08 7 passenger base model with 7-passenger seating.

I went with the cheaoer version than the limited because I already have heated leather seats in my other car

I car pool a lot and three times i have had 7 passengers in my car.
It wasn't exactly *roomy* but it wasn't as tight as I would have expected and the car had plenty of power. Much more than my neighbor's 8 cylinder chevy that he carts us all around in.
It certainly didn't have as much "get up and go" as when its just me in the car, but I didn't have any trouble getting onto the freeway.

actually I once even had 8 people in the car as we crammed three little kids in the back once. so yeah its a pretty good car, I am really happy with mine and I only paid $25K for it.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
151 Posts
One neat feature not a lot of people mention is the tight turning circle. I can't believe a SUV this size can turn so tight. U-turns and pulling into tight parking lots are no problemo.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Just got back from a long road trip and am impressed by how quiet the interior is on the open road. I have had up to 6 passengers in mine and everybody can hear each other over the minimal road noise.

I am addicted to heated seats for the rest of my life.

·
Registered
552 Posts
AWeD Gray said:
I am addicted to heated seats for the rest of my life.
Yeah, I'm the same way. I've had them since 03 in my Accord, now I couldn't live without them...at least in a car that has leather seats. Cloth doesn't bother me so much cuz it doesn't get "frozen" in the winter time;)

Also +1 for the tight turning radius...I actually did my first u-turn in it the other day. I thought for sure I was gonna hit the trees lining the road and have to back up, but she made it with a foot to spare:tup:

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Cloth doesn't bother me so much cuz it doesn't get "frozen" in the winter time;)
I got heated seats in my new Impreza's cloth seats :)

I've actually never given the turning radius much thought.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Magic Marker said:

I've actually never given the turning radius much thought.
I actually just eat at taco bell a lot and it keep my butt warm for me. lol ;-)

·
Registered
552 Posts
Magic Marker said:
Yeah...Subaru seems to be the only car maker that will give you heated seats w/o leather. Fullsize Outback wagons offer this too. I wish more car makers would do this. Leather is nice looking (until you get a few years on them and they get wrinkled), but it gets cold in the winter and burns my @ss in the summer:( The best thing about leather IMHO is that it's easy to clean, that's about it:rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts