·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
71 Posts
mstinger2003 said:
hmm...that would be nice if they work. I had mine replaced under warranty but I am getting a popping now when turning hard right?

Hey just FYI that popping noise on mine on the hard right turn was the front stock mud guard. Check to see that it is not cracked or torn or bent in towards your wheel well...

·
Registered
24 Posts
popping sound doing ...Hard rights

mstinger2003 said:
hmm...that would be nice if they work. I had mine replaced under warranty but I am getting a popping now when turning hard right?
~~ Are you getting the popping noise when you are turning at any degree, or when you lock out the wheel. There is a nylon lock out bump stop used on the Tribeca, instead of the traditional rubber type. That loud sound/feel is just letting you know that the max radius has been met. ~~

·
Registered
29 Posts
I was not getting up dates when posted on here?? anyway it is when turning sharp for the most part but not necessarily turning all the way to lock, more when the surface is of camber and turning at the same time. Or coming in to a parking lot with a incline from a flat road (90 deg)

·
Registered
196 Posts
sweetpete said:
Hawker, did you ever try the poly bushings? If so, how are they working out for you? P.S. I live in New Albany :)
Hello neighbor!

I have yet to look into the poly bushings. I need to think about it because they are starting to bang around a bit.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Replacement polyurethane bushings

Well I got tired of the old bushings from Subaru that kept failing and decided to take one off and head to the local 4wd store and find a poly replacement. I ended up getting a set from Energy Suspension that are a perfect fit. The set cost me $20 and they are greaseable so each oil change I shoot a little grease in as well and so far no issues.
As soon as I put them on the car felt better. I took a total of 20 minutes to install once it was up. BTW the sway bushings will not look bad even if they are. I expected to see visable failure or cracking but there was none - local dealer's parts manager confirmed this is the case for every set they have changed.
If you have been putting off changing the sway bar bushings be sure to check your control arm bushings. I found my drivers side is shot most likely from the continued failure of the sway bushing. The replacements are about $20 from Subaru. I just have to find someplace to help to press out old / in new.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
rzp13 said:
Well I got tired of the old bushings from Subaru that kept failing and decided to take one off and head to the local 4wd store and find a poly replacement.
Thanks for sharing, nice pics too. :)
Question: So do you need to relieve loadbearing on the front wheels to do the replacement or did you do it with weight on the front wheels, i.e. using ramps?

ps I have still my first OEM replacement, but planning to put Poly in when the OEM fail the next time.
Cheers

·
Registered
14 Posts
Peace said:
Thanks for sharing, nice pics too. :)
Question: So do you need to relieve loadbearing on the front wheels to do the replacement or did you do it with weight on the front wheels, i.e. using ramps?

ps I have still my first OEM replacement, but planning to put Poly in when the OEM fail the next time.
Cheers
Car was on ramps. I did not need to relieve the load on the wheels.

·
Registered
47 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
size of bar-mine is a 1 in

their are 2 diameters listed in the post.
9.5161G which is for a 1 inch bar

size 9.5165G which is for a 1 1/4 bar.

I just measured my bar, a 1 inch open end wrench fits around it perfectly, so my 06 beca will need part # 9.5161G

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just bought a set of the reds for my 2006 from Amazon. I hope this will do it. I am sick of dealing with these every 35K miles or so. I am going to pre-lube them with Krytox. After that, I will have the mechanic grease them about once a year with synthetic grease.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts