Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

POLL: Better Looking front end 06-07 vs 08-14?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Administrator
Discussion Starter #1
Which one do you think looks better? I'd bet that opinions have changed over the years.

I can break this down with more choices if you'd like. I know that there were some changes during these genres but this poll is a broad start.

Thanks.

Administrator
Discussion Starter #2
Oh, someone is mad because my Cayenne headlights own the show! ;)馃ぃ

Come on guys, the 08-14 is obviously going to win simply because you have approximately 3 times as many owners (roughly based on model years) not because your front end is pertier. Haha. 馃榿

Administrator
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, I am surprised at the way these votes are going. The site traffic has been so low and I volunteered to help out. As an aside, I am just trying to make merry. Thanks for everyone's votes so far.

Administrator
Discussion Starter #5
08-14 reminds me of my Caravan's front end. Not a bad thing. I loved my Caravan AWD. It just wouldn't stop rusting brake lines and burning through alternators.

Registered
Like 06b9beca, I am reminded of a Chrysler product every time I look at the nose of my (2010) Tribeca. If I replaced the Subaru badge with a Chrysler badge, I think most people would believe it. I have a BRAT and a Fuji Rabbit (made by Fuji Heavy Industries before they started making Subaru cars), and have owned/been working on Subarus since my college roommate got a '78 wagon (which I could drive as long as I kept it running). Subaru is not afraid to be a little different, and the B9 nose reflects that. I respect that in an automaker. I have a post-facelift Tribeca because a nice one came up when I was looking for a car, and also because the engine runs on 87 octane.

And to your point that the second gen is going to win because it was sold for more years....looks like approx 50k 1st gen were sold in the US (from 05 to 07) and around 27k 2nd gen sold from 08-14. Hard to tell for sure, because I think the site I'm viewing is by calendar year, not model year. https://carsalesbase.com/us-subaru-tribeca/

And this has probably been tossed around on this forum before, but you know that the facelift was partly the result of plans to sell the Tribeca as a Saab, right? The Subaru Tribeca Based Saab 9-6 Crossover That Never Was

Administrator
Discussion Starter #7
Like 06b9beca, I am reminded of a Chrysler product every time I look at the nose of my (2010) Tribeca. If I replaced the Subaru badge with a Chrysler badge, I think most people would believe it. I have a BRAT and a Fuji Rabbit (made by Fuji Heavy Industries before they started making Subaru cars), and have owned/been working on Subarus since my college roommate got a '78 wagon (which I could drive as long as I kept it running). Subaru is not afraid to be a little different, and the B9 nose reflects that. I respect that in an automaker. I have a post-facelift Tribeca because a nice one came up when I was looking for a car, and also because the engine runs on 87 octane.

And to your point that the second gen is going to win because it was sold for more years....looks like approx 50k 1st gen were sold in the US (from 05 to 07) and around 27k 2nd gen sold from 08-14. Hard to tell for sure, because I think the site I'm viewing is by calendar year, not model year. https://carsalesbase.com/us-subaru-tribeca/

And this has probably been tossed around on this forum before, but you know that the facelift was partly the result of plans to sell the Tribeca as a Saab, right? The Subaru Tribeca Based Saab 9-6 Crossover That Never Was
Thanks for the statistics. I knew about the Saab thing but that is a very cool article.

B9 is gonna win the race BTW, lol.

I think that you should put a Chrysler emblem on yours hehe.

I run 88.5 Octane (E15) in my mine. That is a different story though and at risk. No sign of pinging or anything. If I can pull it off in my Stage 2 FXT I am not going to worry about the beca. I tried that in my R53 Mini Cooper S and it was ping away....93 only.

Administrator
Discussion Starter #8
Gosh this is getting close. :oops:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts