Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we picked up the B9 yesterday.







2007 B9 Tribeca 7 Passenger Limited in Newport Blue Pearl. It had 8600 miles on it. We had the roof rack installed and factory remote start. Got it for $26,495. It has all the bells and whistles, leather and such. There is so much room. We only got the 7 passenger b/c we got a good deal. It's nice not having to squish stuff into the civics.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hawker800mech said:
Congrats and welcome to the Subaru community.
Thanks! This place is pretty nice. I just wish there was more traffic on it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
My husband and I picked up our 2008 5-Passenger Limited yesterday. We test-drove six different SUVs before we decided on the Tribeca. We love our choice. The remote start isn't installed yet, so there is still that to look forward to.

Happy to find this msg-board.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
196 Posts
Steeler-Fanatic said:
My husband and I picked up our 2008 5-Passenger Limited yesterday. We test-drove six different SUVs before we decided on the Tribeca. We love our choice. The remote start isn't installed yet, so there is still that to look forward to.

Happy to find this msg-board.
Congrats! What other SUVs did you try out? And what was the big selling point of the Subie?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Steeler-Fanatic said:
My husband and I picked up our 2008 5-Passenger Limited yesterday. We test-drove six different SUVs before we decided on the Tribeca. We love our choice. The remote start isn't installed yet, so there is still that to look forward to.

Happy to find this msg-board.
Nice pick up. Personally, we didn't like the new 08 front end and we just got a good deal on an 07.

Glad to see some movement on this board!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
hawker800mech said:
Congrats! What other SUVs did you try out? And what was the big selling point of the Subie?
We test drove the CR-V, Rav4, Highlander, Pilot, Santa Fe, and Veracruz.

The CR-V had no power. The salesman brought me the wrong RAV4 (I wanted to test the V6); I also hate the tire on the back. The Highlander had no road-feel. The Pilot was fast enough, but it was not inspiring, just functional and boring -- inside & out. The Santa Fe was fine, but we liked the Veracruz better.

We ultimately priced the Nissan Murano (thought we could get a deal on an '07), the Veracruz, and the Tribeca.

The Murano turned out not to be deal because '09s are scheduled to come out in February.

The Veracruz could have been a contender, but the salesman was just too much. Plus, it's the first year of the model (still would have been buying an '07). Hyundai's still don't have a great reputation, so I was hesitant.

So, why the Tribeca? We thought the interior was inspired. I like the exterior (I have no preference between the '07 & '08 grille). I was most impressed by all of the "extras" that came standard. We opted for no DVD or Navi. We're going to get a hand held GPS and have no children that require a DVD. (I don't think my dog cares!)

Also, of all the cars we test drove -- I felt the best about the Tribeca. I liked the power of the engine, the feel of the car, etc. I've had the car since Monday and I'm still thrilled.

The remote start gets installed on Thursday.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Steeler-Fanatic said:
We test drove the CR-V, Rav4, Highlander, Pilot, Santa Fe, and Veracruz.

The CR-V had no power. The salesman brought me the wrong RAV4 (I wanted to test the V6); I also hate the tire on the back. The Highlander had no road-feel. The Pilot was fast enough, but it was not inspiring, just functional and boring -- inside & out. The Santa Fe was fine, but we liked the Veracruz better.

We ultimately priced the Nissan Murano (thought we could get a deal on an '07), the Veracruz, and the Tribeca.

The Murano turned out not to be deal because '09s are scheduled to come out in February.

The Veracruz could have been a contender, but the salesman was just too much. Plus, it's the first year of the model (still would have been buying an '07). Hyundai's still don't have a great reputation, so I was hesitant.

So, why the Tribeca? We thought the interior was inspired. I like the exterior (I have no preference between the '07 & '08 grille). I was most impressed by all of the "extras" that came standard. We opted for no DVD or Navi. We're going to get a hand held GPS and have no children that require a DVD. (I don't think my dog cares!)

Also, of all the cars we test drove -- I felt the best about the Tribeca. I liked the power of the engine, the feel of the car, etc. I've had the car since Monday and I'm still thrilled.

The remote start gets installed on Thursday.
Nice buy. When we test drove a CR-V EXL, it was nice looking and great interior, but the lack of power killed it. The Rav 4 6cyl was quick and pulled well. The killer on that was the spare on the back and how it opened toward the curb vs. up. We also felt the Pilot was way too utilitarian and had no inspiration.

The B9 was the last on the list to test drive and we loved it. Actually the B9 wasn't even on our list of contenders until we happened to drive past the Subie Dealer.

We're still waiting on the remote start part to come in. Apparently, it's on back order.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Magic Marker said:
Nice buy. When we test drove a CR-V EXL, it was nice looking and great interior, but the lack of power killed it. The Rav 4 6cyl was quick and pulled well. The killer on that was the spare on the back and how it opened toward the curb vs. up. We also felt the Pilot was way too utilitarian and had no inspiration.

The B9 was the last on the list to test drive and we loved it. Actually the B9 wasn't even on our list of contenders until we happened to drive past the Subie Dealer.

We're still waiting on the remote start part to come in. Apparently, it's on back order.
It seems like we are in agreement on just about everything. The funny thing is, it wasn't even on my radar when we started our search. My husband had to all but drag me in to try it, and it immediately jumped to the top of the list. The Veracruz was the only one that put up a fight.

Oh, and our remote starter came in and is scheduled to go in this coming Thursday. Until then, we'll have to go through the excruciating difficulty of putting the key in and turning it.:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
214 Posts
Steeler-Fanatic said:
Oh, and our remote starter came in and is scheduled to go in this coming Thursday. Until then, we'll have to go through the excruciating difficulty of putting the key in and turning it.:)
This is of interest to me. How much was it with install, since it seems the dealer is the only one able to install? I think my wife would love it, though she says she already has a remote starter ie "Honey, can you start the car? I have to leave in 5 minutes."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
njjuliano said:
This is of interest to me. How much was it with install, since it seems the dealer is the only one able to install? I think my wife would love it, though she says she already has a remote starter ie "Honey, can you start the car? I have to leave in 5 minutes."
I'm not sure what it would cost, because we negotiated it when we bought the car. I can ask them how long it takes when I have it installed...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Steeler-Fanatic said:
I'm not sure what it would cost, because we negotiated it when we bought the car. I can ask them how long it takes when I have it installed...
We negotiated with the sale, so we paid $230 ish installed. Although it's been a week since delivery and the part has yet to come in. Good thing it's still summer!

The part on subaurgenuineparts.com has the unit for $265. Figure $50 or so for install (sounds fair to me) and you have your factory remote start. We've had remote start in all of our cars and the B9 would not be an exception. It is a huge convenience in the winter (never really use it in the summer).

I wouldn't use an aftermarket remote start on new cars b/c of the chip in the key. Although cheaper and just as reliable, aftermarket starters require you to leave one of the factory keys in a secret spot (close to the ignition so the car can start). You would typically lose the valet key for this procedure. There are also chip emulators, but I've heard that they are unreliable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
Steeler-Fanatic said:
My husband and I picked up our 2008 5-Passenger Limited yesterday. We test-drove six different SUVs before we decided on the Tribeca. We love our choice. The remote start isn't installed yet, so there is still that to look forward to.

Happy to find this msg-board.
Congratulations and welcome to the forum ! Tribeca is a nice ride.

Do ask your dealer to install puddle lights on it along with remote starter. It is a nice feature that seems to be very unique, and it's convinient as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
I just picked up a silver 2007 B9 7 passenger a couple of weeks ago. Absolutely love the car! My wife and I originally were looking for a Honda CRV, but stumbled on a super killer deal from Subaru. Our subaru sticker price was $33K, we paid 27K plus tax and license. Car only had 11 miles on it! To this day, I cant figure out how I paid way way below invoice even with the $2750 cash back incentive, not unless the dealer screwed up on the price, or they deducted their 3% dealer holdback.:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sounds like a great deal on the 07 with only 11 miles. Did you get the Limited?

Do ask your dealer to install puddle lights on it along with remote starter. It is a nice feature that seems to be very unique, and it's convinient as well.
I'm looking fwd to installing the puddle lights on my own since my Subie parts manager says it's only a factory option which Peaty shows it's not!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
I bought the cloth seat model. I did not want leather seats. The only options my car had when I bought it was the puddle lights and the automatic day/night mirror.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
Magic Marker said:
I'm looking fwd to installing the puddle lights on my own since my Subie parts manager says it's only a factory option which Peaty shows it's not!
I installed puddle lights myself. Peaty's page is of a great help, plus puddle lights come with installation manual that is very easy to follow.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
160 Posts
tundra914 said:
I just picked up a silver 2007 B9 7 passenger a couple of weeks ago. Absolutely love the car! My wife and I originally were looking for a Honda CRV, but stumbled on a super killer deal from Subaru. Our subaru sticker price was $33K, we paid 27K plus tax and license. Car only had 11 miles on it! To this day, I cant figure out how I paid way way below invoice even with the $2750 cash back incentive, not unless the dealer screwed up on the price, or they deducted their 3% dealer holdback.:D
Congrats !!! Another Tribeca owner :tup:

As far as the price goes, your dealer was smart and took dealer's markup off as well, and that is at least 2K. My dealer did the same and we paid 27.9K for B9 7 seater Limited with MSRP of 34K.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
SubOperator said:
I installed puddle lights myself. Peaty's page is of a great help, plus puddle lights come with installation manual that is very easy to follow.
I should print out Peaty's DIY on the Puddle lights and give it to my Subie Parts Manager who said it is only a factory option.
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Top