Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My wife and I recently purchased a 2006 5 seater SB9T. Obviously not having ipod connectivity is an issue. After doing lots of digging on here I found this thread. We have the RSE/Aux button, but no port to plug anything into. The button also does nothing, but I assume that is because it doesn't detect anything on the line-level feed. Hopefully someone can confirm that for me. I just wanted to compile this information into an organized thread since information is fairly scattered and inconsistent on ipod integration.

This write-up should apply to both the Parrot MKi9100 and MKi9200.

Below you will find a list of the parts I intend to purchase as well as the procedure I intend to follow. Please reply with any suggestions or corrections!

Harness - ~$50
HF-SUB-TH1-AMK-ISO - "Bluetooth harness adapter designed for use with the Parrot CK3000 and CK3100 car kit." (Works with MKi9100 and MKi9200 from what I can tell)
or
QCSub-1MK - Subaru Adapter Harness (Use the drop down boxes to see the harness)

IPod Integration System - $150-$250
Parrot MKi9100 - Bluetooth/IPod/USB/3.5mm car kit with OLED Display, steering wheel remote, and microphone
Parrot MKi9200 - Bluetooth/IPod/USB/3.5mm car kit with 2.4" LCD, steering wheel remote, and microphone

Parrot MKi9200 Wiring Diagram

From what I can see based on this diagram, you need to do the following:
1. Pull the radio from the dash
2. Connect one of the above harnesses
3. Connect the Parrot "Bluebox" to the other end of the harness
4. Splice the Line 1 and Line 2 (+) and (-) leads to the AUX Input on the harness
5. Test by verifying that the unit is operational prior to any mounting, cutting, or modifying.
6. Route cables and plug in accessories as desired

Please give me your input and let me know if there is anything that I am missing. I will continue to update this write up as people give me more information. Hopefully I'll be able to get around to installing this setup myself very soon.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm curious as to whether you proceeded with this install, or if you found out any more information on this subject. My wife and I are currently ready to purchase an 06 Beca, same concerns with bluetooth and aux in. Looking forward to your reply.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
damnitdave said:
I'm curious as to whether you proceeded with this install, or if you found out any more information on this subject. My wife and I are currently ready to purchase an 06 Beca, same concerns with bluetooth and aux in. Looking forward to your reply.
I'm quite confident this will work. I just wanted someone to confirm the information. Two other guys have successfully done this install already with the MKi9100. I just wanted to compile all of this into one thread to both sort my thoughts and to hopefully help others. I will hopefully be ordering this stuff within the next week. My wife and I love our 06 Tribeca.

I'll keep you posted with results, pictures, and more detail once I do the install myself.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the MKI9200 in my 2007 Tribeca. Love it. The parrot kits can use the aux in on the newer Tribeca's, but it's not required. If you buy the QCSub-1MK harness, it actually replaces the parrot harness that comes with the MKI9200. I recommend doing this way, otherwise you (or your installer) need to determine which of the mute options will work with your ration. The QCSUB harness is plug and play.

Parrot kits contain their own amplifier and bypass the factory radio completely when active. When the phone rings (or you use the ipod), the radio is muted and the parrot remote controls the volume to the speakers.

I'm a huge fan of parrot's products. I'm on my third car with a parrot kit. IMHO, the parrot kits have a couple of minor drawbacks. In ipod mode, the music is sent to all speakers. There's no balance or fader control like you would have with the factory radio. The parrot kit's amplifier powers the speakers. When an ipod is connected, you can only control it from the parrot remote. The IPOD menu structure appears on the parrot screen. Control is fast, but takes some practice.

In phone mode, the back speakers are muted and the phone audio is channelled to the front speakers only.

The MKI92000 also gives you AUX-IN (Line-in) capability, bluetooth streaming and control if your phone supports A2DP.

If you buy this kit, make sure to upgrade to the latest firmware which you can download from parrot.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Paul said:
I have the MKI9200 in my 2007 Tribeca. Love it. The parrot kits can use the aux in on the newer Tribeca's, but it's not required. If you buy the QCSub-1MK harness, it actually replaces the parrot harness that comes with the MKI9200. I recommend doing this way, otherwise you (or your installer) need to determine which of the mute options will work with your ration. The QCSUB harness is plug and play.

Parrot kits contain their own amplifier and bypass the factory radio completely when active. When the phone rings (or you use the ipod), the radio is muted and the parrot remote controls the volume to the speakers.

I'm a huge fan of parrot's products. I'm on my third car with a parrot kit. IMHO, the parrot kits have a couple of minor drawbacks. In ipod mode, the music is sent to all speakers. There's no balance or fader control like you would have with the factory radio. The parrot kit's amplifier powers the speakers. When an ipod is connected, you can only control it from the parrot remote. The IPOD menu structure appears on the parrot screen. Control is fast, but takes some practice.

In phone mode, the back speakers are muted and the phone audio is channelled to the front speakers only.

The MKI92000 also gives you AUX-IN (Line-in) capability, bluetooth streaming and control if your phone supports A2DP.

If you buy this kit, make sure to upgrade to the latest firmware which you can download from parrot.

Hope this helps.
I appreciate the info. I want to do the AUX In method so that I can have the factory radio adjustments to the speakers. I have the AUX In button on my radio, but no AUX In jack installed in the center console. Since the button is there, I am assuming that it will switch to that input once it senses that I have something on that input. I was thinking about testing this before purchasing the Parrot, but since we know that it has a built in amp, I guess it isn't a deal breaker to wire it in that way.

My wife and I got news that we are expecting. So this project has been put on the back burner until we get our tax returns.

If anyone can clarify that I can use the AUX In on the back of the radio with the proper harness without having the AUX In located in my center console, that would be great.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Congrats p4l1ndr0m3, We just had our first baby girl Christmas day. Been awesome ever since.

I purchased the MKI9200 and the other "HF-SUB" pre-wired harness on Tuesday. I was excited about the plug and play aspect, but now I'm a little concerned about the audio controls. I purchased the Parrot more for the variety of audio inputs and simply considered Bluetooth to be a bonus. I found the full Tribeca service manual online, but the audio and wiring schematic sections are a little vague. I was hoping to use the AUX audio in as well for control over things like Bass, Treble, and Fader. I guess I assumed that's what the HF-SUB harness would do.

I'm hoping to get the Parrot today, I'll see about reviewing the Parrot harness and comparing it to service manual. I used to be a Benz mechanic, and I know quite a bit about wiring and electronics in modern cars. I'll see if I can figure something out, though I was hoping to avoid this with the harness.

Great info, Paul.

Thanks guys.

Dave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.