Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My parking and tail lights won't turn off. I have to pull the 20A lighting fuse in the engine compartment to shut them off. I haven't done anything new to the car.

Is there another area I should check before taking it to the dealer?

2010 Tribeca.

Thank you.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Did you check the P-switch behind the steering wheel? The switch is located on top of the steering column and it designed to turn on the parking lights. Why is it there? Don't ask, it is Subaru thing...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Actually I use the p lights all the time in NYC at night. If you are from around here you know parking is a huge pain, and if you heading into a pizza store to pick up your order, it's much easier to just leave the car double parked with parking lights on pretending someone is in the car. This suits me better than leaving the car running for some one to swipe.

But it is annoying when I then forget to shut it, and a neighbor calls me that u left my lights on.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Commonly called the Subaru Virgin Switch, although it seems to catch even the most experience Subaru enthusiast at times :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
My theory is one of the exes over at Fuji Heavy Industries (parent company to Subaru) lost a bet to a battery maker and had to implement the P-switch as payment.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you check the P-switch behind the steering wheel? The switch is located on top of the steering column and it designed to turn on the parking lights. Why is it there? Don't ask, it is Subaru thing...
thank you so much! I was so confused. I was about to pull fuses and instead found your answer!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts