Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Not much help for your question, but I'd try posting in the NASIOC regional forums. A lot more traffic over there and will probably get several recommendations before the day is out.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
snork said:
Not much help for your question, but I'd try posting in the NASIOC regional forums. A lot more traffic over there and will probably get several recommendations before the day is out.
^^Agreed^^

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks (belated) for the suggestions. I went with DentMasters, which has a location in Rockville, MD. It took $100 and an hour. The panel looks great.

For folks considering PDR, note that there may be more than one option, e.g., drilling an access hole, glue & pull, and removing parts to gain access. In my case, a dime-sized dent was on the quarter panel above the wheel. Option 1 would have involved drilling an access hole in the door jamb area of the quarter panel. For me, drilling is never an option unless it is absolutely necessary. I went with option 2 because it was quicker/cheaper than option 3. Option 3 would have involved removing the taillight assembly for access behind the quarter panel.

I would say my repair is about 90% -- if you know where to look in certain lighting conditions you can see a slight crease. I was told up front that the glue & pull method commonly does not achieve a flawless result. I’m very satisfied, especially knowing that no holes were drilled or parts removed. You could get 100% using one of those other options.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts