Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyboby tell me if it is possible to have the Fog lights on, and the rest of the lights off. I was driving down the highway the other day. And notice a Tribeca only with it fogs on.

·
Registered
160 Posts
it's either a mod, or both bulbs burned out :lol: which should not be a surprise since low beams are also DRLs on Subies. AFAIK, fogs only come on when you turn low beams on.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I don't believe there is any national requirement for DRLs in the US yet, but most all manufacturer's include them now.

·
Registered
124 Posts
fog lights are not daytime running lights. They should be used when its foggy and thats it. It annoys me when people drive with their fog lights on, especially people that replace them with HID lights that are misaligned and shine way to high instead of down on the road infront of the car.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I would prefer not to have the DRL's. Hate the fact that once I turn on the car the light comes on and there's no way of turning them off manually.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
snork said:
I don't believe there is any national requirement for DRLs in the US yet, but most all manufacturer's include them now.
I think years ago there was a group that wanted DRL's on every car for safety, but it never stuck.

I personally don't like DRL's, but I can also see how they are beneficial. On 08 Tribecas, I think I saw the DRL's in the high beam bulb and not the low beam. I guess 08 members and install some HID's unlike us 06-07's.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Magic Marker said:
I personally don't like DRL's, but I can also see how they are beneficial. On 08 Tribecas, I think I saw the DRL's in the high beam bulb and not the low beam. I guess 08 members and install some HID's unlike us 06-07's.
Yes thats correct. The DRL's are on the high beam. Will need to look into HID's when it gets warmer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts