Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I just did my first oil change on my 2007 B9, and it went pretty well, little messy.

But lo and behold after the oil change, I now have Check Engine light, Traction system light, and Cruise control lights on the dash.

Does anyone have any ideas why this might be? All I did was change out the oil and filter. I didnt touch anything else, certainly nothing electronic.

·
Administrator
627 Posts
Ok, so I just did my first oil change on my 2007 B9, and it went pretty well, little messy.

But lo and behold after the oil change, I now have Check Engine light, Traction system light, and Cruise control lights on the dash.

Does anyone have any ideas why this might be? All I did was change out the oil and filter. I didnt touch anything else, certainly nothing electronic.
Possibly unrelated. These lights love to come on, on the Tribeca if you breath wrong. This is a generic warning that there is a code waiting to be read. You can get a code reader for under 20 bucks that can read and reset the code or go to Autozone etc. where they can read it for free.

How long have you had it. It is probably some pesky preexisting issue that is coming to light.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Get a scanner and read the code or any national chain will do it for free in a matter of minutes. You can get slick bluetooth adapters for your phone or laptop for pocket change.

There is a code that gets tripped due to extended oil/filter change intervals on 05+ H6 engines. That happens before the oil change and goes away when you change the oil. But if the oil or filter were old and flirting with that code - the oil change sent it over the edge for a momentary and benign moment. That could be ignored and make sure the oil and filter are changed on time in the future. But that's pure, almost useless, speculation without seeing the code.

·
Registered
32 Posts
1) error codes can be read even WITHOUT scanners.
Subaru tribeca 2008 check engine light - good place to start ;)

2) idosubaru, please, don't oversimplify and provide content. 05+ H6 are, at least, two different engine designs (3.0 and 3.6). 3.6 have had some internal upgrades over the years. and, for example, mine - didn't give any codes about oil/filter change intervals.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts