Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody! Has anybody tried to see the capability of the B9 on real hard conditions? Sand,deep mud or "climbing" on stip hill or anything else? I have a 1 hour video of a big off road test group of many suvs that was made by a 4x4 magazine in Hellas.The Tribeca as they said,didn't really take part at the test together with VW Touareg,Lexus and Volvo XC90 because 99% of the future owners will not use them off road!
So they didn't film or include those cars into the results but all the cars passed the same places because the test lasted two days and around 2000 kilometers of sand,mud,rocks and river crossing were done.
Anyway there are about 40 sec of continously shooting of the Tribeca rolling on sand,up and down,changing directions...that is pretty impresive,how easily it handles the surface without any signs of having difficulties.
It is very short but really nice shooting.I wish they had filmed that in all the terrains they met..
I would like to share it with you but I don't know how to upload this particular part of the movie here and maybe it is illegal to do it also... What do you think?
Any ideas?

·
Registered
26 Posts
gp18577 said:
Hello everybody! Has anybody tried to see the capability of the B9 on real hard conditions? Sand,deep mud or "climbing" on stip hill or anything else? I have a 1 hour video of a big off road test group of many suvs that was made by a 4x4 magazine in Hellas.The Tribeca as they said,didn't really take part at the test together with VW Touareg,Lexus and Volvo XC90 because 99% of the future owners will not use them off road!
So they didn't film or include those cars into the results but all the cars passed the same places because the test lasted two days and around 2000 kilometers of sand,mud,rocks and river crossing were done.
Anyway there are about 40 sec of continously shooting of the Tribeca rolling on sand,up and down,changing directions...that is pretty impresive,how easily it handles the surface without any signs of having difficulties.
It is very short but really nice shooting.I wish they had filmed that in all the terrains they met..
I would like to share it with you but I don't know how to upload this particular part of the movie here and maybe it is illegal to do it also... What do you think?
Any ideas?
With a good set of tires I'm sure it could handle light-mild off roading... But other than that I'm unsure... It has no differential I believe, and the ground clearance would interfere....

·
Registered
26 Posts
mcharette said:
With a good set of tires I'm sure it could handle light-mild off roading... But other than that I'm unsure... It has no differential I believe, and the ground clearance would interfere....
This is quite funny, but I recently had to drive up some grassy hills, and the tribeca SUCKED! BUT I blame this mostly for the Eagles... All she did was spin, spin, spin...

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I don't know, but the B9 did awesome in Boston snow. It was amazing (I never drove AWD ever before) and it prompted me to ditch my Civic and buy an Impreza Outback Sport.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Offroad

I live out by Mcguire AFB and there are some serious unpaved roads and sugar sand... all i can say is WOW... she handles like a pro and hasn't gotten stuck once... mind you i changed my tires over to the dunlop SP Sport 5000's...

·
Registered
26 Posts
B9LTD83 said:
I live out by Mcguire AFB and there are some serious unpaved roads and sugar sand... all i can say is WOW... she handles like a pro and hasn't gotten stuck once... mind you i changed my tires over to the dunlop SP Sport 5000's...
W/O a doubt does she handle well on pavement, etc... I was able to make it up the hills, but with some effort... If we decide to keep her, mostly because of the maintenance, gas, and the size, we will deff hook her up with a new pair of shoes.

·
Registered
41 Posts
ditch driving!!!!

there is a park where guys go wheelin in, and I took the b9 out a little bit.
lets just say there was a part where there was a ditch in the path and the b9 was on three wheels! other than that scary situation the b9 went very well nothing too serious, went through a small muddy section, and couple loose roads drifting at full throttle!!!

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I'd love to take one of those classes where they teach you to drive your SUV through rough terrain. I hope they have something intermediate for the B9.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts