Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is just and FYI for those who have OE Remote Starts.

We had the OE remote start installed at inception. One day, it went nuts. I hit the button two times as typical. Then all of a sudden, the car went into panic mode, began to start and then stop repeatedly. I had to disarm it to finally make it stop.

Took it into the dealer. They diagnosed it as some kind of retention collar around the ignition. Apparently, there is a new improved collar. Thankfully still under warranty, but I did see what they will charge SOA for the fix. It was around the $350 mark. Time to buy the extended warranty!

·
Registered
25 Posts
If it happens again - it should be a simple fix.
The oem remote start, like aftermarket ones, sends the signal for the "chip in the key" security feature to be disabled. They mount this in a box away from the key cylinder, so they run wire up there to be an antenna basically, and relay the chip's security sensor to the ignition cylinder, yours must have slipped out of place, when you remote started it, the car thought a key was in the ignition, and trying to start the car, with no security chip, thus the panic mode/full alarm.

Chris

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.