Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, hows it going?

1st of all I'm in Australia, and we don't have what the USA / Canada / China have 'Onstar'.. And it shouldn't be on there if I'm in Aust.

The pic attached is what I have displaying , no sound from the radio / satnav. The satnav works, but I just can't get radio or a voice to talk to me.

I own a 2007 Tribeca, 7 seater.

I took it to Subaru and for 2hrs they couldn't find a problem.

i have also used aux, and nothing...

Fuse is all good also.

Anyway thx for your time.

Attachments

·
Registered
311 Posts
That is odd for sure. Subaru equipped some vehicles with Onstar from 2002 -2006. It was standard in H6 equipped Outbacks during a portion of that time. I know some Foresters also had Onstar. I don't recall the years but for a time you could purchase Onstar as an aftermarket add on to any vehicle. As far as I know the Onstar was always incorporated / activated through a special rear view mirror. If by some remote chance your vehicle was at one time set up for Onstar (imported from the states) try trouble shooting the electronic mirror connection at the headliner entry point or where the plug is located behind the map courtesy lighting. It is a long shot but if there is a short in that wire it may trigger an Onstar message. This would also mute all sound so you would be able to hear your call. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts