Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone. i bought my b9t new in march 07, and i love it. this is my second subaru. my first was a 04 wrx. it had lots of mods but i had to sell it for the "family" car when my daughter was born. the tribeca handles really good compared to other suv's i've driven. it just needs more power to move all that weight. i plan to fabricate an intake, find some stock looking aftermarket mufflers to give it some of that wonderful boxer engine grunt, and put some rims on it. im glad to have found a website dedicated to tribeca owners.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
214 Posts
Welcome and congrts on the vehicle.

There was a thread early in the year about someone's (hawk maybe?) custom intake. If you search around, I'm sure it will pop up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
really??!! i'm going to have to look it up. im tired of having a stock car. ive modified every car i have ever owned and im not stopping with this one. thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
a custom intake will give you better throttle response and a little bit better gas mileage. thanks for finding that thread.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
196 Posts
boostnscooby, let me know how your intake turns out.

Also, coming from a modded WRX, I mentally wiped the slate clean of what kind of acceleration I once had. I think at times, though, I wish I had bought the Trailblazer SS like my brother-in-law has (who once had an 04 STI with a 20G). That thing is really fast and handles very good.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
214 Posts
hawker800mech said:
boostnscooby, let me know how your intake turns out.

Also, coming from a modded WRX, I mentally wiped the slate clean of what kind of acceleration I once had. I think at times, though, I wish I had bought the Trailblazer SS like my brother-in-law has (who once had an 04 STI with a 20G). That thing is really fast and handles very good.
I cross shopped that, along with the Dodge version, and the FX45. Yep, those things can pull, alright.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
196 Posts
njjuliano said:
I cross shopped that, along with the Dodge version, and the FX45. Yep, those things can pull, alright.
Plus, he has a re-tuned ecu and an intake. He's talking about an exhaust, but I think it rumbles enough. That's why I went with the B9, so I wouldn't fall back into the endless mod cycle. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
214 Posts
hawker800mech said:
snip

That's why I went with the B9, so I wouldn't fall back into the endless mod cycle. :)
You would think that, wouldnt you? I'm sort of glad there isnt too many options, sort of... I have to admit, I think about Cobb's Tribeca all the time.
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top