Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently started to hear some noise coming from the sunroof area when its in closed mode. When I open it the noise goes away. Anyone else with an 08 experience this?

Another noise I just found is squeaking noise coming from shifting console. The plate that sits around the shifter and the bigger plastic piece below it would make squeaking noises when the car is in motion. Anyone experience this as well??

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I've got some nice loud squeaking coming from inside the driver's part of the dash. Load and annoying. Shouldn't be happening in a $34k SUV. It'll be going to the dealer shortly.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I get a squeak/creak from around the shifter every once in while, usually when going around a corner and the car's weight is shifting. It's kinda random though, not something I can duplicate consistently and not a real bother to me.

No sunroof noises to report on my end.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Check the drip rail at the rear of the glass roof...can be misaligned or not working correctly. Sadly, if the rail is dislodged it may necessitate dropping the headliner and a significant repair. Likely you are hearing this which can sound like "clicking/cracking" sounds.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.