Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Subie lovers!

We purchased our first Subaru last year (06 Outback XT) and LOVE it......except that there is not enough storage space...

Does anyone know if I can replace the ashtray compartment with a storage container? If so, where can I buy it!

·
Registered
1,689 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great thanks for the heads up.....I will definitely look into that!

Yes, the area upfront under the radio. I just need a small area to put my Cell phone....

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Most people DIY it. I have never heard of a direct replacement. They usually pull it out and knock out the partition and other useless junk.

The cubby under the clock is full?

I suggest getting a proclip and running an cable for power and to the aux (did the 06 have aux, is was that not added until 07? In not, check out Jazzy Aux here: http://www.jazzyengineering.com/product_info.php?products_id=44 )

This is what I did on my 05 XT...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The clock is in the touch screen GPS and there is NO cubby on my 06 (similar to pic below). There is no Aux connection but I have a blue tooth / FM transmitter in the armrest 12v adapter which works flawlessly.

·
Registered
84 Posts
The clock is in the touch screen GPS and there is NO cubby on my 06 (similar to pic below). There is no Aux connection but I have a blue tooth / FM transmitter in the armrest 12v adapter which works flawlessly.

The shift lever doubles as your bluetooth microphone? LOL. Sorry...couldn't help it. It really does look like a mic.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
PS I could never stand the FM transmitter. It always seemed to get static. Maybe I just never had a good one, but I got the one at the time that everyone raved about. Glad I did the Jazzy!

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Oh yeah, look at that:

2005 didn't have that as an option, I didn't realized they introduced it in 2006 already. I thought that they waited until 2007.

Sorry, I'm not much help here :)

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I guess my only recommendation remains to get a proclip mount. Might as well run power to it. It might block your nav, but I think it can go on the other side as well. Clips to the vent. I really enjoyed mine and have put on in three cars now (2005 XT, 2008 Tribeca, 2010 LGT).

·
Registered
74 Posts
Lol....thats a pic i found on the internet, not my actual shifter. Mine is all stock.
where the cubby is in the pic above I have the stock touch screen GPS
The FM transmitter I have is the GOgroove SMARTmini (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16875991027) and works really well
Its all good.

I was never satisfied with an FM transmitter when I had my Legacy. I had a no-name 4 channel one, then I bought a higher end Belken. I could never find a channel that was free for long when taking road trips. I guess there is just too much FM overlap on the East Coast.

I am surprised the 06 Legacy/Outbacks did not get an audio input. I thought the higher trims had one in the storage box.

Enjoy your XT and your open air waves!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts