Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
snork said:
Heh, what exactly is a Forester STi? Bill Kolb, Jr Subaru used to advertise their own "Forester STi" but it was basically a WRB Forester XT with some of their own custom mods (ie: STi wheels, custom leather interior, STi shifter, lip kit, etc.), not a true STi from the factory.

right now my forester has jdm forestersti seats and wheels, usdm sti steering wheel, e-brake handle, '06 sti engine, vf-43 turbo from an '07 usdm sti, sti brembos, etc. the jdm fsti 6-speed is in the mail. along with some jdm fsti body parts. it's basically as close to a real fsti as there is in the us.

i'll help with a swap, just let me know when.

we are in the montgomery, ny area.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Wow, you really do have quite the Forester there:tup:

If you don't mind my asking...how much did that all run ya? I gotta imagine you have close to 40k into the car with all that work:eek:

And...:anypics:

·
Registered
180 Posts
snork said:
Wow, you really do have quite the Forester there:tup:

If you don't mind my asking...how much did that all run ya? I gotta imagine you have close to 40k into the car with all that work:eek:

And...:anypics:
I don't like to think about what I've spent on the car, but it's far less than $40k. I'm actually contemplating a sale if I found a buyer willing to pay what I wanted for her ($19k-without trans, wheels, seats, but with everything else).

Here area couple of pics.

·
Registered
180 Posts
njjuliano said:
Hmmmmm........I've been looking for an extra car....
i had a for sale thread over on www.nasioc.com

i will find the thread and link it over here tomorrow when i am back on the computer and not on my handheld. i use the same name over there as here if you wanted to search yourself. more pics and a complete list of mods, including the extensive suspension/handling mods, choice of wheels, etc.

if you are really interested pm me your phone # and we can talk or meet up so you can see it in person.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Magic Marker said:
I'll add you to the list, but what kind of B9 are you driving etc?

its a 2008 Tribeca Limited with Navigation with all the options you can think off...the whole nine yards..
-Auto remote start
-mudflaps
-hood wind deflector (protect against rock chips)
-Puddle lights
-Trailer hitch with Automatic tranny cooler
-Front bumper underguard
-Thule rack with ferring

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
jamaitin said:
:cool: OK, put me down. I'm from Poconos, PA but I work in New Brunswick, NJ on weekends. I'm drivin' 7 passenger Black LTD w/ a few extras, nuthin' special.
You've been added! BTW, you must have an amazing weekend job to drive all the way to New Brunswick from PA.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Magic Marker said:
You've been added! BTW, you must have an amazing weekend job to drive all the way to New Brunswick from PA.
Magic, you'd be surprised at the number of people that live in the Poconos and drive all the way down Rt 80 to NYC everyday!:eek:

Housing in PA is so comparatively cheap it's almost worth it IMHO. We payed $300k for our townhouse in West Milford (2000 sq ft + 1 car attached garage), my wife's cousin lives in East Stroudsberg, PA (about 15 minutes into PA on Rt 80) and works in Parsippany. It's about 1 hr no traffic, but he bought a brand new 2400 sq ft house, 2 car garage, 1/2 acre in a new development for $289k! And he still has an unfinished basement to add even more space if needed. Of course right now everyone's getting killed on gas:( But I too drive 40 miles up to Westchester, NY.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Alright NJ/ NY members (and jamaitin from PA). The weather is starting to become consistently warm.

Please chime in if you would be interested in a B9 meet. I'm thinking somewhere in Central Jersey. It's sort of in the middle for Northerners and Southerners. Also, let me know where you think we could meet. It would obviously need to be on a Saturday.

21 - 40 of 64 Posts