Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just wanted to see who's from NJ/ NY here. Maybe once the weather warms up, we can set up a meet. I've done this in one of the Honda Civic forums I'm part of. We had a great turnout. I'll start and you guys/ gals can follow my format. This could be a great way to set up a group buy if we wanted to get parts/ accessories at a possible discount. The possiblities are endless (yes, I'm a very optomistic person). I'll edit this first post as people respond.

*Magic Marker
2007 7 Passenger LTD in Newport Blue
Northern Jersey (Lincoln Park, NJ) :tup:

*Snork
2007 7 Passenger LTD/ Navi
Northern Jersey (West Milford, NJ)

*SubieTri8
2008 Tribeca
Queens, NY

*njjuliano
2007 5 Pass Ltd SE in OBP
South Jersey (Mount Laurel, NJ)

*nycb9
2006 B9
Queens, NY

*swalt2883
'06 OBP LTD 5 Seater
South Jersey (Moorestown)

*celtic1mike
2007 B9
South Jersey (Cherry Hill)

*usjdmtuner
2008 LTD w/ Navi
Staten Island, NY

*Snertz
2006 OBP LTD 5 Pass
Poughkeepsie, NY

*JohnnyWagon
2008 DGM 5 Pass LTD
West Babylon, LI

*jamaitin
2007 OBP 07 LTD
New Brunswick, NJ (on weekends)

·
Registered
552 Posts
I'm a new resident to West Milford, NJ...been there 1 yr now so that would make me North Jersey as well:) My current location is the primary reason for buying the B9, I now live on a hill in the hills...where it snows, heheh.

Formerly Parsippany for 3 yrs and prior to that, CT. I also work in Westchester, NY. So I qualify for the whole tri-state area, lol.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I reside in Queens, NY. I have yet to see many Beca's around my area. Also, still have my Honda Civic that I'm trying to rid of and save some $$ from insurance premiums. :)

·
Registered
552 Posts
Heh...I find it interesting that the 3 of us have all had/have Civics. My second car was a 98 Civic coupe...loved that car. It was a DX that I inherited from my grandma, if it was an EX with power windows & locks I'd probably still have it, but I traded it in for my 03 Accord EX-L V6 coupe which is still my daily driver going on 155k miles now:tup:

·
Registered
552 Posts
Ha...it's the NJ B9 & Civic roll call.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
snork said:
Ha...it's the NJ B9 & Civic roll call.
Yeah, that is a weird coincidence. I had a 96 EX and now I have a 2004 EX coupe. The B9 is technically my girlfriend's, but I drive it 90% of the time. She thinks I'm a nut for being such a Subie B9 fan.

I'm a new resident to West Milford, NJ...been there 1 yr now so that would make me North Jersey as well
Our realtor was trying to get us to buy a single family house up there. There were good deals, but the commute to work would be too long. So we ended up buying a nice townhouse with a 15 min ride to work :)

·
Registered
552 Posts
Yeah, we were in an apartment in Parsippany. I work in Westchester, so obviously that was and still is a bit of a haul and my wife works in Fairfield. We were looking at townhouses as well and for our budget we got a way bigger place up here in WM than in Parsippany/Morris County. We were shopping some townhouses/condos in Lincoln Park actually but really liked the bigger offerings for the same price in WM...specifically an attached garage & 2000+ sq ft. My commute is about 43 mi, down from 55 in parsippany and my wife's commute is 25 miles up from 8 miles...but she may actually be transferring up to a school here in town in July so that would be good.

We also looked in the Butler/Wanaque area...but still smallish for the same price and no garage. My wife grew up in Parsippany, so she considers this the boonies and referred to WM as the "Mountain People" lol and we definitely do have a bit different climate up here....there was a brief span in the beginning of Dec that we had some flurries everyday for like 2 weeks:eek: I grew up in a suburban town in CT, so this isn't much culture shock to me.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks like there are only 4 NJ/ NY members here. Anyone else?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm in Queens, right on the Nassau county border. Love my 2006 Tribeca Ltd. Don't see too many around..a very original looking vehicle.

Regards...Joe

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
nycb9 said:
I'm in Queens, right on the Nassau county border. Love my 2006 Tribeca Ltd. Don't see too many around..a very original looking vehicle.

Regards...Joe
Thanks for checking in Joe. You've been added to the list.

5 members so far!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Another member from south jersey (moorestown). Only one other tribeca in my area that i've seen. but that's a good thing, bought her for her originality.

'06 OBP LTD 5 Seater
Puddle Lights
Auto Dimming Mirror
Crossbars (not being used)
Rear Bumper Cover
Front Brush Guard
Wind Deflectors
Subaru Star Tire Valve Covers
SPT Battery Tie Down
K&N Air Filter

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
swalt2883 said:
Another member from south jersey (moorestown). Only one other tribeca in my area that i've seen. but that's a good thing, bought her for her originality.

'06 OBP LTD 5 Seater
Puddle Lights
Auto Dimming Mirror
Crossbars (not being used)
Rear Bumper Cover
Front Brush Guard
Wind Deflectors
Subaru Star Tire Valve Covers
SPT Battery Tie Down
K&N Air Filter
Welcome aboard. You've been added!

·
Registered
180 Posts
we are in the tri-state aea as well. live and work in orange countyn wife works in dutchess county. my wife drive's our '07 7 passenger limited. not many mods right now, just roof racks, puddle lights (not yet installed) rear cargo mats and STi BBS wheels with Hancook Icebear snow tires.

I drive an '04 Forester STi. I'd be up for a meet sometime.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Heh, what exactly is a Forester STi? Bill Kolb, Jr Subaru used to advertise their own "Forester STi" but it was basically a WRB Forester XT with some of their own custom mods (ie: STi wheels, custom leather interior, STi shifter, lip kit, etc.), not a true STi from the factory.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
singincanary said:
we are in the tri-state aea as well. live and work in orange countyn wife works in dutchess county. my wife drive's our '07 7 passenger limited. not many mods right now, just roof racks, puddle lights (not yet installed) rear cargo mats and STi BBS wheels with Hancook Icebear snow tires.

I drive an '04 Forester STi. I'd be up for a meet sometime.
Ok,
So where are you located? I'd be more then happy to add you to the list.

A meet when the weather warms up could happen.

·
Registered
12 Posts
SJ Tribeca owner

My wife and I are in South Jersey, new owners of a 2007 Tribeca. Subaru of Cherry Hill has exceeded our expectations so far!

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
celtic1mike said:
My wife and I are in South Jersey, new owners of a 2007 Tribeca. Subaru of Cherry Hill has exceeded our expectations so far!
Welcome to the board celtic1mike. You've been added to the list! Looks like our NJ/ NY list is coming along. Maybe we can have a Central Jersey meet in the spring/ summer.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts