Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All. Newbie here. Purchased a '07 Tribeca last month with many issues. Speedometer doesn't work, and a host of dash trouble lights on. Working top to bottom, Brake, ABS, Crusie, and Check Engine. On the tachometer, the Traction Control ligh tis on, as well as the low tire warning light. I understand a lot of these lights are related, and I would love to get to the root of the problem. Also, the car seems to shift erratically.

Scan revealed P0500 Vehicle Speed Sensor A code. My mechanic replaced the vehicle speed sensor harness and sensors, and it did not fix the problem.

I am hoping someone here has some advice. I will try to attach a pic of the dash lights.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update.
Thought I would post an update, in case anyone is ever interested. I removed both front wheel speed sensors, and sprayed them thoroughly with contact cleaner. I also sprayed a bunch of contact cleaner in the hole going into the hub. I reinstalled both sensors and put the wheels back on, and took it for a spin. Amazingly, the speedometer started working, along with the odometer. Go figure. Still working after a few days, so I am hopeful that it will continue to work. Still have Brake, ABS, and Traction Control lights on the dash (local Goodyear Service Center cleared the check engine and low tire codes for me,and they haven't come back on as of yet) Now to tackle the rear sensors, but that is for another thread

1 - 2 of 2 Posts