Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I am new here and did not find the answer after doing some searching.

I just bought a 09 Tribeca for the wife and it has the Nav. and came with the 3.0 disc. The nav works as far as finding an address, but lacks many POI. does the 3.0 disc need to be loaded or is it just included as a backup?

I also have an annoying sound coming from the rear driver's side around the trunk area. Sounds like a shock mount is loose or something loose in the quarter panel. I've determined that some rattling is from the rear seats, but there is another similar rattle somewhere else back there. It only happens on some bumps and not all. Happens more often on rough pavement and manhole covers and such. Some threads here have mentioned rear hatch, but it doesn't sound like a loose or misaligned hatch. Any ideas?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You'll quickly discover the Subaru Nav system is lacking in just about every way. It's very disappointing to those of us who have used more robust systems from Garmin, Magellan, etc. You do need the actual DVD inserted in the drive to use the maps and POI's.

To your second question, have you looked under the rear panels that conceals the spare tire and the storage box(es)? Could be something loose in there.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Just to add to Brien's posting, the DVD disc goes in the drive under the drivers seat not the radio (incase youdid not know that)

as for the noise, I had a rattle in my 08 and thought it was the tail gate. After some investigating I tried banging the middle row seats with my fist and it was actually the passenger side head rest. i usally drive by myself so I was keeping them all the way down, put it up to the first click and the rattle was gone.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies.

The nav is working so I assume the dealer has already installed the disc, just could not find many POI near me that have been there for many years.

I'll give the headrest a try.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok so I got soo annoyed by the rattle in the rear hatch area. I brought it bakc to the dealership after only 1 week of ownership and explained that everytime I go over a bump it sounds like I've got a stack of plates in the back.

They look it over and said that there were a couple of campaigns that needed to be done to fixe the rattle, they confirmed that it was the hatch that was rattling.

They supposedly lube the gasket and added some cushioning pads. They need to order some rubber bump stops to get rid of the problem fully.

I got the T back nd it's almost gone, but still rattles some, but not as bad.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts