Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, all.

Well, it looks like I am getting my first Subaru. Wife and I have decided on purchasing an '07 Tribeca. Going to order to get exactly what we want - 7 Pass Ltd with SE option, Nav, actually everything except the DVD. Still trying to decide on color. Want the beige interior & are torn between Seacrest Green and the new Harvest Gold (a bit darker than the '06 Champagne Gold).

We live in the mountains of Northern New Mexico (8000 ft. elevation) & need a vehicle that can handle mountain roads & winter conditions. There are a lot of Subarus up here, but I think I will have the first Tribeca in my little town.

Anyhow, very impressed with our test ride & love the radical styling inside and out. Can't wait to get everything wrapped up and the vehicle ordered. I'll keep y'all up to date as we go through the process. :tup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
192 Posts
Dude, get the dark grey! That color looks great, especially in person! Newport Blue is the next best. The green is fugly in my opinion.

You will seriously love this vehicle nomatter which color you get though! Congrats!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I love the dark gray, but wife insists on the beige interior & that interior/exterior color combination is not available. So any color that cannot be matched with the beige interior is automaticaly eliminated. :headwall:

Got to appease the wife! :lol:

I think I at least have her convinced to go with the Harvest Gold, but that could change at any second...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
192 Posts
kooldak said:
I love the dark gray, but wife insists on the beige interior & that interior/exterior color combination is not available. So any color that cannot be matched with the beige interior is automaticaly eliminated. :headwall:

Got to appease the wife! :lol:

I think I at least have her convinced to go with the Harvest Gold, but that could change at any second...
Tell her you won't put out if you don't get the dark grey! :lol:

The '07's Harvest Gold actually looks pretty nice. It is MUCH nicer than the gold on the '06 as it is now darker and more defined as actually being gold.

I think is sucks that Subaru took away the mix and match interior/exterior color choices for '07. What's funny is how many people tried to talk me out of the dark grey leather for my Atlantic Blue Pearl '06 (in favor of the tan leather), yet the '07 in the similar Newport Blue ONLY comes with dark grey leather. I guess I have good taste! :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HB_Dad said:
Tell her you won't put out if you don't get the dark grey! :lol:

The '07's Harvest Gold actually looks pretty nice. It is MUCH nicer than the gold on the '06 as it is now darker and more defined as actually being gold.

I think is sucks that Subaru took away the mix and match interior/exterior color choices for '07. What's funny is how many people tried to talk me out of the dark grey leather for my Atlantic Blue Pearl '06 (in favor of the tan leather), yet the '07 in the similar Newport Blue ONLY comes with dark grey leather. I guess I have good taste! :lol:
Good to know about the gold. We have only seen the chip that comes in the '07 brochure & it is hard to tell from that. It seemed to be darker and more gold, which was what we were hoping. Thanks for the feedback.

BTW, I tried that "not putting out" thing once. For some strange reason, that tactic works MUCH better for her than for me. Can't figure out why.... :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tomorrow looks like it will be the big day. Plan to close the deal and place the order. Decided on the Harvest Gold. Saw one and we like that color much better than the Champagne Opal from '06. 6-8 week delivery, can't wait!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No waiting list that I know of. But there are no Harvest Gold 7P LTD, SEs out there with all the equipment I want, so I have to have mine custom ordered from the factory.

BTW, it is ordered!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
gsx95 said:
when you get it, can you take a picture of the nav control unit under the drivers side seat?
If I can, I'd be glad to. Not sure what all is there or how visible it will be (didn't even know that a control unit was located there ;)) but I know the amp for the sound system is located under there also. Delivery is expected sometime in September, I'm told, so it will be awhile...

Just out of curiosity, why do you want the pic?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The latest is that they have set a tentative delivery date of 9/9 to 9/16. They even have a VIN number assigned already.

Damn, time goes by slowly...:p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
192 Posts
kooldak said:
Going to order to get exactly what we want - 7 Pass Ltd with SE option, Nav, actually everything except the DVD.
Are you and the wife planning kids? You REALLY should've gotten the DVD player as well. Keeps the kids quiet when they have their headphones on which comes in handy on car trips in excess of a half hour when kids patience starts to wear thin. Trust me on this one... :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
192 Posts
kooldak said:
I certainly hope not! :eek:

We already have 4 who are all grown and moved to the 4 corners of the US. :D

No more kids for us.
The 4 corners eh/ Trying to get as far away from each other as they can. Now THAT is sibling rivalry! :lol:

By the way, haven't you seen "Father Of The Bride II"? It's never too late to have another one!! :lol:

If not, there are always grandkids! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Well, just got a call from my dealer. It got here today, but they close in an hour. Made an appointment to pick it up Tuesday, 'cause I can't get there Monday. A whole month earlier than Subaru projected. 4 weeks from ordering to pick up. Not bad at all.

But it is going to be a looong couple of days! :lol:
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
449 Posts
Congrats :) If you have the pull shade in the rear cargo area I'd love to see some pics of it and how it hooks up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Peaty,

The dealer did not order a couple of items for the car that we requested. The pull shade was one as was the auto-dimming mirror. They are going to order and replace the mirror, but wife decided that she didn't really want the shade after all.

I have a couple more trips to make back to the dealer (couple of minor problems that I'll explain when I write up the Member's Journal). I'll take my camera with me and try to see if they have one set up that way on the lot. If they do, I'll get you some pics and some info. Or if wife changes her mind (always a distinct possibility :lol:) I'll take pics of ours.
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top