Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Subi owners...My Becky hails from Canada and is a 2006 model with only 116,000 kms on the clock. Lately, upon a cold start up I am hearing what I think is belt noise, kind of like a whirring noise. Once the engine is warmed up and I guess the belt is warm too, then it becomes quieter. My question (guess) is it time for a belt replacement?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hello Subi owners...My Becky hails from Canada and is a 2006 model with only 116,000 kms on the clock. Lately, upon a cold start up I am hearing what I think is belt noise, kind of like a whirring noise. Once the engine is warmed up and I guess the belt is warm too, then it becomes quieter. My question (guess) is it time for a belt replacement?
You don't have a belt. You have a chain....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes, accesories belt....power steering pump, alternator, AC?, water pump
anyway, i think the belt needs to be changed. It makes a whirring noise on startup until the belt gets warm and quiets down. I think it's the original belt. Would a can of belt spray work, to lubricate the belt?

·
Registered
787 Posts
If it's a whirring noise and is emanating from accessory drive, it's probably from one of the pulleys. The belt is due anyway, and you can change the tensioner and idler pulleys at the same time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts