Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2008 tribeca a week ago after returning from Iraq. This is the second car I bought after a trip to the sand box. Must be something in the water. Im loving it. Just made a trip to NC and all passengers were comfy( wife and dogs). Looking to add a tow package and XM to the tribeca. Just cant see why it cost 300 dollars for the XM system....

PS My other car(which I still have) is a 2004 SRT4. I was going to trade it in but Ive put to much work into it and its a blast to drive

·
Registered
552 Posts
Congrats on the purchase and welcome home and to the forum:patriot:

Yeah, I dunno why factory XM stuff is so expensive? But it seems all manufacturer's are like that. If you can get it for $300 INSTALLED, it would not be too bad. There's a fair amount of labor involved taking apart the whole dash and mounting the antenna up to the windshield (only factory XM on the 08s get the fin antenna on the roof).

How much HP/mods you running on the SRT4? It's too bad Dodge didn't make them AWD to be a true WRX fighter and handle even all the stock HP.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Congrats on the purchase. I wouldn't even bother with satellite radio. I had Sirius for 2 years and finally ditched it. I saved $12/ month because I just hooked up my iPod to the car.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Magic Marker said:
Congrats on the purchase. I wouldn't even bother with satellite radio. I had Sirius for 2 years and finally ditched it. I saved $12/ month because I just hooked up my iPod to the car.
I like sat radio b/c it has a lot more variety than I have on my iPod alone as far as music goes. Sometimes I get a weird music craving and will switch on the jazz channel or R&B or something not the usual:) I listen to the comedy channel all the time, being able to get CNN/MSNBC/Fox News, and instant traffic just to name a few. I agree if you only get it for the music and you don't have a wide range of tastes...it's probably not worth it.

And besides, somebody at SOA is still paying for my XM subscription in our B9 :D :busted_cop: :beer: :banana: Ours was a SOA demo and it came with XM and I haven't added it to my personal account yet since we still get reception after almost 5 months of owning it:p

·
Registered
54 Posts
I also think the Sat is money well spent. You get introduced to new music on long cross country voyages and I love old time radio shows. The traffic/weather reports for different cities are also very usefull. You can also listen to your favorite baseball team from coast to coast.

$300 for a XM install is a bargain compared to the dealer charging $500+ to put it in for me on our other Subaru.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
AWeD Gray said:
I also think the Sat is money well spent. You get introduced to new music on long cross country voyages and I love old time radio shows. The traffic/weather reports for different cities are also very usefull. You can also listen to your favorite baseball team from coast to coast.

$300 for a XM install is a bargain compared to the dealer charging $500+ to put it in for me on our other Subaru.
I def agree that satellite radio exposes you to different kinds of music. I just ended up listening to the same stations and I got bored. Besides, I needed to cut my monthly expenses.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts