Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a lightly used 06 B9 with under 22,000 miles. Although the mileage is super low and it's in mint condition...it's almost 5 years old. I'm wondering what I should look out for in terms of known problems or issues.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I have read about and experienced the dreaded rear hatch rattle, it can be quite annoying, there is a quick fix on the boards, adjusting the rear latch should solve the problem. I am curious how someone managed 5k miles a year the tires should also be checked for dry rot or cracks in the rubber.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's funny... the first thing I noticed when I got it home was a rattle coming from behind me (Driver's Seat). I haven't pin pointed it yet but after reading a few posts about a rattle, I'm anxious to get in the back while the wife drives to see if it's coming from the hatch. Does it sound like cheap plastic rattling? That's what I'm hearing. Do you have a link to the fix?

After seeing the carfax report, the mileage was pretty much the same annualy... must have been a short drive to work or the train station.

The tires are original, they are fine but the treads are running short. I might replace them this winter if it feels slippery in snow. I'm guessing it was garaged. I was in disbelief when I saw it at the dealer, under 22,000 miles for under $19,000. I feel like I got a great deal. It looks and drives like a 2010. Traded in my 05 Mini Cooper S and left only paying $21 more a month. Just had our first baby 4 months ago and this was a no brainer. After driving it up to New Hampshire from New York for Thanksgiving, I could not be more satisfied.

·
Registered
837 Posts
http://www.sb9t.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1369

That seems to be the jist of it, i would talk with the dealer about it since it was a tsb with the 06. It should have been taken care of when they took it in and checked it out assuming it was a subie dealer of course. If not then no time like the present to meet your local subie parts department or service dept.

Me and my wife just picked up an 07 with a whole lot of miles on it (80k) but we aren't too worried about that the price was good and it is in great shape and an 8 hour drive home confirmed it is quite and still drives like new. My only complaint is the crappy goodyears that are on it, that will be remedied soon though. Hope you enjoy your Tribeca as much as we do ours.

PS link to tsb image http://www.scoobymods.com/hatch-rattle-early-06-b9-t7231.html?t=7231

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks FL. It was a subie dealer but the bumper to bumper warranty is only good for 36,000 or 3 years if I'm correct. I guess I can bring it up. They did give me a 90 day limited warranty, I'll have to look into if this is covered.

BTW... what does TSB mean. This way I can sound educated when I speak to the dealer.

Thanks for your quick replies and help.

Happy Thanksgiving.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Technical Service Bulletin basically when a known issue is acknowledged by the manufacturer they issue a TSB to the dealers so that they will know immediately what a common issue is and how to fix it. If you can download the image from the second link and print it out and take it with you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.