Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yee haa.

after two months waiting, the beast has arrived. Love it !!!! After two months of reading posts / reviews and dreaming....

First impression? It was worth the wait......

Black w/- Beige interior.... only black one in Darwin....

She is a beauty !

Attachments

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Looks really good in black. The only reason I don't like black is that you can see swirl marks really easy over time.

We're picking up our 07 7pass Limited in 1.5 hours!

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
njjuliano said:
South Jersey.

Hows the new ride?
It's really nice. There is soooo much interior room. Although I'm finding the seats a bit on the hard side. I'm hoping I'll just get used to them. I'm also not used to a larger engine. I have an 04 Civic Ex and it is obviously not that fast. I have to take it easy on the B9's pedal ;)

I just finished reading the manual and found out some weird quirky things like the AUX port for our iPod. It says to turn up the volume on the iPod and then turn up the car's volume wayyyy up so you can hear it. Then the manual reminds you to turn down car volume before you change the source. Kind of an odd set up.

We had two friends in the back seat and they had the seats reclined a lot. They looked so comfortable. It's good to see that the 2nd row has multiple recline settings.

We had the Aero rack installed and the remote start will be installed next week when they get the part in. I really want to install the puddle lights next.

How's your B9?

·
Registered
214 Posts
I like mine tons, surprisingly. Honestly, it wasnt my first choice, but was glad that it became the final choice. It fits us practically very well. I much preferred the 06/07 look, but specially with the SE grill. I'm currently looking to unload the SE rims and get a different set.

Maybe your wiring on the pod is old or loose? Is it fully clicked in? I have not had issues with my aux port.

I do like reclining rear seats. With the Tribe, moving seats to boot! The only thing I wished I had with my 5 pass is the rear vents. It would have been nice to give the rear people that control.

I left my Aero rack alone. I've been looking for roof rails that look like the Foresters or the ones on the Q7 where they are flush on the roof. See anything like that anywhere? I have Subaru Bucks to spend, so after some dealer oil changes, I'm looking at the remote start as well. Let me know how they work for you. Oh, and how much was the total charge?

Good to see this forum get some movement. I actually had to just go to your posts to see the new posts. You made enough of them to not get them on the first page!!!

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
IDK about the iPod. It works fine with headphones and I just bought the AUX wire for it. I guess I'll have to tell the dealer to find out what it is.

We decided to go withe the Aero rack b/c it was different. In all honesty, we probably won't even use it much. Just wanted it on there in case we do and it will be under warrenty.

Actually I don't see much movement on this site besides myself and now you. I hope it gets more traffic. I like the set up here and all the knowledge.

·
Registered
160 Posts
BlackPearl said:
Yee haa.

after two months waiting, the beast has arrived. Love it !!!! After two months of reading posts / reviews and dreaming....

First impression? It was worth the wait......

Black w/- Beige interior.... only black one in Darwin....

She is a beauty !
Congrats ! Enjoy the ride, B9 is an awesome vehicle !

Now, the question I have is this: How come US gets different side view mirrors ? Our US-spec 07 B9 has side mirrors that appear to be the same as say Legacy/Outback are getting. Yours has different style side mirros and I guess I like them better. I think euro-spec Becas are same as yours.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, I thinks we do get some sort of Euro model or maybe its just a type of 'export' model thats made over there in the USA. I know that GM here in Australia (known as GM Holden here) sell models that are built here in different configs for the european and middle eastern market.
Anyway - its brilliant so far. I picked up the kids from school the other day and had a crowd of 20 people around it checking it out. Everyone thinks it looks like a Porsche Cayenne, which, looking from the side, I would agree with. But the front and back look better than the Porsche. Anyway, I think there have only been about 6 sold in Darwin, so its pretty unique...

Very Happy.....

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I was looking at subaru uk and they have some accessories that we don't have here in the US. Nice stuff too.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Great to see another aussie on here, black does look awesome, you should think about getting the puddle lights, they are the best add on you can get for this car. Here's a pic.
Ad 5.JPG

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Hum said:
Great to see another aussie on here, black does look awesome, you should think about getting the puddle lights, they are the best add on you can get for this car. Here's a pic.
View attachment 134
I'm looking to install them myself soon.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
cheers Hum,

yep - I got those puddle lights installed when I bought the car too....
they're brilliant....

How is yours going? Any pointers or tips on running it in?

I have been interested to see what the SatNav was like, there were a few critical comments of the system by people on this and the NASIOC forums... I think its great, but then again have never used one before... The gadgets in this car are incredible. My last car was a '99 Mistubishi Verada and that was pretty well kitted out, but this is great!

heh heh - My missus gets the s**ts with me when I have to setup the sat guidance, put the DVD player on for the kids in the back, play with the reversing camera, and tell eveyone within earshot how great it is, just to do a five minute drive to the shops! :lol:

Having never owned either AWD or 4WD before, I just love the feeling of driving it... feels solid as a rock....

I am still :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
oops - forgot a funny story.

When I picked up the car from the dealer here in Darwin (Darwin is in the Tropics for those not knowing where it is), the guy was trying to show me all of the features of the car, like he was some sort of guru.... Anyway, I asked him what the little button with the picture of a windsreen washer was, down below the interior light dimmer. He umm'ed and arr'ed and said something about windscreen washers for the back window, but said he would have a look while I was signing some papers....

So back he comes and says - "Oh yeah, thats right, that button turns on the deicer.... [he pronounced it 'Dee-Ser']." I said 'Dee-Ser.... and what does that do? ", knowing full well he was talking about a de-icer, not that something like that would ever be used in a tropical climate. His response?

"I think it cleans the headlights...."

RTFM mate....

heh heh:lol:

·
Registered
160 Posts
hmm, could you take some dimensions for those front doors rear view mirrors ? They seem to be different from the MY07 US spec, and they look nicer and bigger. From the pictures, they look like US spec MY08 Tribeca mirrors.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts