Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive had a problem with wheel shake on and off for about 2-3 months. i finally got fed up with it and tried to fix it. my thought was its a sticky caliper or warped rotor. so i replaced both, as i did notice a weird wear pattern on the rotor.

bad news is when i was all done and started driving again i was hearing a constant grinding noise that would peak at 1 point per tire revolution. i took a look at it and notice that its wearing the SAME pattern into the brand new rotor with a brand new caliper.

Did i install the brake pads wrong? better yet, does the spring side go on top or bottom?
i feel as im missing something
installing new pads tomorrow!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Maybe wheel bearing? Jack up car and holding wheel and 12 and 6 o'clock check for free play. If there is any (and the wheel nuts are tight) then it's the wheel bearing.

·
Registered
771 Posts
I think the "spring side" is the brake pad wear indicator and I would guess it does not matter which side it is on. It should have nothing to do with what you are describing.

Since you are reusing the old brake pads as it seems, that is likely the cause of the issue. When removed, is the thickness of the pads uniform? Any weird wear pattern on the pad surface? Are you sure the pads are still OK?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts