Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks. I'm a new member as of a few seconds ago. I'm waiting for my new, used 2006 B9 Tribeca to be delivered in the next week or so.

It will be our 3rd Subaru. My wife is driving a 2003 WRX.

I mostly registered so I could check out the pictures on the post about installing the back-up camera.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The b9

It's a blue (Atlantic Blue Pearl, I think) Limited 7 Passenger with DVD and Navigation, Desert Beige Leather Upholstery.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Grill

I would also like to say that I'm a huge fan of the original grill, that comes with the 2006 that I just bought.

I often think that Subaru changes their designs a bit too often. I'm still getting used to the new Tribeca grill. It looks good too, but the original grill was so cool. I've read several places that people either love it or hate it. I love it.

The first time I rode in a B9 was when I was having service done on our WRX, and the shuttle car was a B9. I loved it. Sweet ride, but mad expensive. Way too rich for my blood. The prices on the 2006's have come down to what I can afford, and my Volvo S40 just blew a head gasket, so I'm making the plunge.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Welcome to the club, everyone seems to like that blue, good luck witth it ! Also be careful with that tan leather, going to need alot of magic eraser and cleaning supplies :) LOL

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Beige Leather

It does look like the leather could be a little darker, a darker beige. I like the slate gray leather too, that would not have been a deal breaker at all.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Interesting that you have the 06 with Atlantic Blue and beige leather -- I have the same, but with grey leather...which was the only choice then I believe. Perhaps someone retro-fitted it with after-market leather?

-Karen in AZ-

·
Registered
630 Posts
yeahh it could be darker but all in all its very nice but it drives me crazy haha and yeah Kmartin..i was thinking the same thing; the grey/black leather went with blue i thought

·
Registered
630 Posts
yeah but what Kmartin is saying is, you dont really have the choice, if you want silver you get grey leather/cloth, gold you get tan and Kmartin thought with blue you get only grey but your blue has tan so i guess not..

·
Registered
119 Posts
jeff said:
I'm pasting a link to the 2006 brochure that I stumbled across. It shows the 4 choices for upholstery: Desert Beige Cloth, Slate Gray Cloth, Desert Beige Leather and Slate Gray Leather.
Paint colors were paired with specific interior colors, and couldn't be interchanged (Subaru still does this). That's why I think you might have after-market tan leather.

-Karen-

·
Registered
65 Posts
'06 Blue w/ Tan Leather here, I think it's a factory option. Mine is a 5 pass, though.

Added: Looked at cars101, and saw that either interior color is available in leather or cloth in any format with the Blue exterior in 2006.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts