Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there;

I hail from Edmonton, AB, and i have recentyl become obsessed with the idea of purchasing a Tribeca from the US. My wife and i are hoping to grab this ride next month now that we've tested the MDX, the LR2, the RX350, the 4Runner and the Murano. The Tribeca is everything we are looking for in a ride. And if i had one word to describe it... SPORTY.

In mid-May, my wife and i are gonna take a week-long trip down to the states to drive a vehicle back. As a result, i would LOVE it if someone could recommend a dealer or two (or ten!) that might make our purchase a breeze. I was hoping to find it in the most northern states, but i would entertain shipping the vehicle closer to the border so long as it did not defeat our initial goal: to buy a sweet Tribeca for cheap!

Our dream ride would be a 2008 Tribeca in a Charcoal colour with Limited trim DVD, and a 3rd row seeting arrangement. I could care less about Nav as long as the vehicle has a display up front which could be replaced with a DVD/Nav unit. And most importantly, we'd love a vehicle with less than 30k on it, so we want something pretty darn new.

I am sooooo excited to be a part of this forum, and even more excited for this vehicle. We intend to keep it for many many miles (km's, lol) until it rests in the ground. Thank you all!

Dave

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I could care less about Nav as long as the vehicle has a display up front which could be replaced with a DVD/Nav unit.
You won't find any aftermarket DVD/ Navi units for our dashes. They are just way too integrated and unique.

Good luck in your search though.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Welcome! what states are you coming too? and what made you choose the Tribeca over those other luxo suvs? Tribeca is a good choice ofcourse!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the interest, people.

The rx350 is a little small, plus a Q package is in the high $40's up in Alberta. The murano has a very slanted windshield, so it made my wife's eyes hurt, plus it seems a little too tame for our usage. The LR2 was really cool, but substantially underpowered. My wife hates the 4runner although i feel it would be a viable option for us. And lastly, the MDX is our eventual goal, but it is otherwise too expensive right now.

I am PLANNING on Washington right now, but i've been searching through a bit of Wyoming, Idaho, and Montana. The closer, the better. That said, it would not cost much to ship a vehicle, so i may broaden my search.

However, my wife and i have built a checklist of things to observe (based largely off observations on this forum) while we take an extended test drive. So we'd like to fly in somewhere that will be reasonale for a return-drive, and somewhere that we can view the vehicle without completely committing to it. If it passes our scrutiny with flying colours, then we'll drive it back home.

Any dealer suggestions are welcome! Thanks, all.

Dave

·
Registered
630 Posts
The Tribeca is a great deal but used you can pick any of those for under 30k.. my friend has the rx350 and it was random clitches... for example the radio wont work somedays or the windows and alot of the time the liftgate will spazz out. and land rovers are JUNK. they are a moneyyyyy pit! i was going to get a land rover discovery before i bought my 2006 B9.. they are in the shop allllll the time and so much $$$$$ for repairs!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts