Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a 08 the other day to replace my now deceased Exploder. I live in Southern Oregon and ride atv's during the drier months and sxs's when it gets colder and wet. I ride almost every weekend all year long and used the Explorer for when it was just too wet and cold for the sxs. Well last trip out the front seal on the transmission went out, decided it was time to move on. The used car market is so upside down now it's tough to buy anything.

I just ride the logging roads, nothing off road. I am lucky to have thousands of miles of Forest Service roads just minutes from my house.So I need something with 4wd/awd for when it snows and the roads start to get muddy. Had almost bought a 06 Tribeca a few years ago and remembered how much I really liked how solid and smooth the ride was. Well I came across this 08 Limited with 132k and drove the 3 hours to see it. Bought it for $5150 and brought it home. Spent a day detailing the inside and buffing the outside. Is spotless clean inside and out. Really didn't need anything, brakes were done 6k ago, tires 2k ago. So did the oil change, new air filter, checked all the fluids. Put it up on the lift and didn't find any leaks or problems. Did replace a missing wiper arm bolt cover and new wipers.

I go a lot with my son and grandkids when the weather is nicer. They come sometimes in the winter to go up to the snow but most of the time in the winter it is just me and my dog Max. He knows when I'm loading the SxS or get the Explorer out it's his time to go:) Bought a front passenger seat cover and a rear seat cover so he can get in and out and not get it all dirty. So I usually go on Fridays and this Friday is looking wet and cold so am planning on taking it out on it's first adventure.

Don't really plan on doing anything more to it just use it. Here are some pics of the new ride and a few of the area we go.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky
Vehicle Car Steering part Gear shift Motor vehicle
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Seat belt
Car Vehicle Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle
Dog Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Carnivore
Plant community Plant Natural landscape Twig Wood
Cloud Sky Atmosphere Plant Natural landscape
Cloud Sky Atmosphere Mountain Natural landscape

·
Administrator
737 Posts
Welcome. Nice pictures.

Reactions: 89sandman

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Was socked in for most of the day today but got a couple of pics. Did some recon on a big ride I want to do. The Tribeca worked great all day. Fuel mileage is bad at best, may have to sell it and get a 4 cylinder. Which is a bummer because I love how comfortable and smooth a ride this thing has.
Plant Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Tree
Cloud Sky Mountain Plant Natural landscape
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Plant

1 - 4 of 4 Posts