Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all--
I just gave up my 2008 Outback, my first Subaru (tear) and took over our other Subaru, and also gained a new minivan...heyooo, thank you kids.
Big fan of the Tribeca. While we've had it since 2010, it was my wife's and I didn't drive it much, I just liked my Outback more. Anyways, now that I have the Tribeca, I need to add a little more oomph to the audio. Back in high school/college, I worked at a place that did car audio installation, among things (car/home audio/video retailer). I learned enough, was able to do my own installs, some for friends, learned a great craft and still love when I can 'talk shop' to my friends.

My goal is to simply add an amp and a sub at this point. The HK stereo currently has an amp under the passenger seat along with a sub in the back, but it's not enough. I have a decent, really old, Clarion 50x4 that I'll bridge to a Boston Acoustics Pro 10" sub (which rules). I'm going to do a simple line in from the rear speakers to the amp, which accepts line in. This is the same thing I did in my Outback. I pulled the rear speakers and see that the colors are Right: red w/black stripe and blue w/red stripe; Left: black w/red stripe and red w/green stripe.

My issues:
I've been doing a ton of interwebbing, trying to find any info on audio wiring diagrams specifically related to the Harman Kardon stereo and can't find anything at all. What few wiring info sites I've found have not corresponded with the speaker wire colors that I identified in my car.

2 questions:
Can anyone confirm the polarity of the speaker wires? Admittedly, I didn't pull the entire speaker, only 2 screws, enough to see the wires.
Second: I'm curious to know if there's a way that I can tap into wires going in/out of the amp under the passenger seat and use them for my line-level wires going to the aftermarket amp. I can't find any info online about wire diagrams for the amp, nothing around.

I know this may be a lot to ask in a first post--thank you in advance for any support. I'm glad to have found this site--I love Subarus and sort of feel like Tribecas don't get much love, and now that I have one to call my own (Mine!), gotta represent!

I'll keep ya'll posted on the install. Aside from the simplicity of the wiring, I'm going to be pulling the spare tire tool area out and put the box, amp, and a new area for the jack, etc...in that area. Should be cool, hopefully I'll have pics to post in a week or so.

Again, thanks all--
Levi

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all--
I just gave up my 2008 Outback, my first Subaru (tear) and took over our other Subaru, and also gained a new minivan...heyooo, thank you kids.
Big fan of the Tribeca. While we've had it since 2010, it was my wife's and I didn't drive it much, I just liked my Outback more. Anyways, now that I have the Tribeca, I need to add a little more oomph to the audio. Back in high school/college, I worked at a place that did car audio installation, among things (car/home audio/video retailer). I learned enough, was able to do my own installs, some for friends, learned a great craft and still love when I can 'talk shop' to my friends.

My goal is to simply add an amp and a sub at this point. The HK stereo currently has an amp under the passenger seat along with a sub in the back, but it's not enough. I have a decent, really old, Clarion 50x4 that I'll bridge to a Boston Acoustics Pro 10" sub (which rules). I'm going to do a simple line in from the rear speakers to the amp, which accepts line in. This is the same thing I did in my Outback. I pulled the rear speakers and see that the colors are Right: red w/black stripe and blue w/red stripe; Left: black w/red stripe and red w/green stripe.

My issues:
I've been doing a ton of interwebbing, trying to find any info on audio wiring diagrams specifically related to the Harman Kardon stereo and can't find anything at all. What few wiring info sites I've found have not corresponded with the speaker wire colors that I identified in my car.

2 questions:
Can anyone confirm the polarity of the speaker wires? Admittedly, I didn't pull the entire speaker, only 2 screws, enough to see the wires.
Second: I'm curious to know if there's a way that I can tap into wires going in/out of the amp under the passenger seat and use them for my line-level wires going to the aftermarket amp. I can't find any info online about wire diagrams for the amp, nothing around.

I know this may be a lot to ask in a first post--thank you in advance for any support. I'm glad to have found this site--I love Subarus and sort of feel like Tribecas don't get much love, and now that I have one to call my own (Mine!), gotta represent!

I'll keep ya'll posted on the install. Aside from the simplicity of the wiring, I'm going to be pulling the spare tire tool area out and put the box, amp, and a new area for the jack, etc...in that area. Should be cool, hopefully I'll have pics to post in a week or so.

Again, thanks all--
Levi
Hello, did you ever figure out the wire colors? I cannot find it anywhere. I got the diagram showing what the wires are for just not which ones are + or -.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts