Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gday from Aussie land

I'm due to pick up my (heavely reduced in price) new Tribeca this week and the family is all excited,
even reading some of the negatives about the car hasn't put me off ( except for Subaru possibly pulling the pin on the Tribeca in the future and how this would affect us owners overseas?

any suggestions

·
Registered
345 Posts
Congratulations on your new pending Tribeca. I don't know what "negatives" you're referring to, but I can assure you you'll be very pleased with it when you get it. No car is perfect, but I can't think of anything that is significant enough to sway someone away from buying this car.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the feedback guys,

will have a look at some extras for sure

now back to some SB9T browsing, this is cool

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi again,

Picked up this beauty. First impressions were the handling and stability on the road, This really does drive like a car and not an SUV. Other major stand outs would be the quietness on the open road...oh yeh the kids love the DVD player too.

Very happy customer

·
Registered
405 Posts
Bought One For Mothers Day,wife

I HOPE THAT IT TURNS out to be a great car.

Where can you add PUDDLE SIDE lights, can they be easily installed after market, or by dealer?

I thought it had it, but it doesn't.

MY WIFE saw one that did, and I'm in trouble now.

·
Registered
308 Posts
LORE BECA said:
I HOPE THAT IT TURNS out to be a great car.

Where can you add PUDDLE SIDE lights, can they be easily installed after market, or by dealer?

I thought it had it, but it doesn't.

MY WIFE saw one that did, and I'm in trouble now.
It's a dealer-added accessory. You could probably install them yourself if you're a handyman, but I think it involves a lot of work. I had my dealer install them. Very happy with the results.

I just recently purchased the under-seat subwoofer. Discovered I have to disassemble the center console and half the dash to get to the connection on the radio. I'm wondering if I should have the dealer do that too.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I had the dealer install it for me. Peaty did a DIY on it. If you are comfortable taking apart your skirts, front wheel wells and cutting into the skirts for the LED's, you'll be fine. If you want nothing to do with it, pay the dealer to do it.

·
Registered
405 Posts
AM I able to ask you guys what dealer charged you to add puddle lights?

The kit is like 150 on line, but I prefer dealer to install it on a new car.

What kind of maintainance do these things need, for those who know?

1.OIL change every 3,000 miles, I was told not to run synthetic until after 10,000 miles break in.
Can I go 5,000 miles intervals between oil changes after that for those who run synthetic.

2. transmission service, is it 60,000 miles for tranny fluid change?
It has a timing chain, not a belt so that should not need service, right?

3. 2 differential being AWD, how often for differential oil change?

Oh yea AND GLAD TO BE HERE, I am by no means highly knowledgeable of the TRIBECA, thus a SUBBIE NEWBEE.

Read where they had some torque converter problems a year or 2 ago (hopefully its fixed), WE drove and saw OTHER vehicles that look like this one, mazda CX9 LOOKS CHEAPLY made compared to TRIBECA.

I wanted a v6 4runner sr5, but wife wanted a SUBARU. Of course you guys know who won!

It is satin white, was considering the gold color one with already installed puddle lights, but when I called after 2 days it was gone already.

Hope to learn more new things from owners manual and this forum, from people who know!!

·
Registered
308 Posts
I don't remember how much it cost for puddle light installation. I had it rolled into purchase the price. I don't remember it being a lot.

Since I didn't buy mine new, I don't know about initial oil change, but I usually run about 5000 between changes (sometimes a little more). Been using non-synthetic. Might change though.

I did a tranny drain & fill at 50K. Haven't looked up what's recommended, and not sure what was done before I bought it (at 22K).

I also had the tranny cooler installed (with the trailer hitch). I figured it was a good-to-have item, since I'm not all that gentle with it sometimes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts