Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I bought a used 08 Limited 5-seated just yesterday. I'm very excited and hope to fall in love with this car. I traded in a 02 Accord and it's going to be difficult to match the flawlessness and reliability of that car. I hear Subarus are just as reliable, so my hopes are high!

I have noticed a couple issues already that have me a little concerned and I wondered if anyone has experienced the same...

1). The tailgate rattles pretty badly when going over bumps.

2) I often hear a subtle engine knock when accelerating from a stop.

3). When the engine hits a certain rev range, it sound like there is something reverberating underneath the Tribeca (intermittently).

If anyone has any thoughts to share, I'd appreciate it! I plan to take it back to the dealer to have these issues looked at, as I'm about 1,300 miles away from the factory warranty expiring. But I know that issues like these frequently come out of the service dept with a diagnosis of "could not duplicate" which is frustrating :)

If anyone has experienced any of these problems and had them fixed, I'd love to know what the fix was.

Thanks, and I'm very excited to be part of this group!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Welcome to the group,

all these issues have been discussed on here, some with good results and some not. Overall most feedback seems to be with poor after sale service with the dealer. Hope your dealer will help you out with these issues.

enjoy the car as its a beauty.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Welcome! common issue with the rattle. There is TSB floating around on the site for it so best thing is to bring to your dealer with the TSB in hand. But the issue seems the hatch needs more sealant to make it more secure.. some on here have fixed it themselves. The other issues you could bring to the dealer or possibly check the forums from other 08 Beca drivers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies! Have an appt with my dealer tomorrow morning, and thanks to the folks on this forum I have the TSB#'s in hand. Hopefully the dealer can knock these out :)

Thanks for the warm welcome!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.