Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Ok,
Now we all know how integrated the B9's dash is, so I wanted to know if anyone has install instructions. I called Crutchfield and asked if they've created Master sheets yet and they said no. The advisor said b/c the climate control is integrated to the headunit, they are looking for ways to get an aftermarket HU in. I've always found Crutchfield to be very knowledgable.

Then I called the iPod adapter customer service. The guy had no idea how to take apart our dash. The website said detailed instructions are included, but he said it will just show you how to plug in the unit, not how to remove the dash. He advised to take it to Best Buy or Circuity City, but there is no way I'd let them touch my B9.

At the moment, I think the B9 is still too new and complicated that the aftermarket hasn't given it much thought of it.

I'm sure Peaty can dig up some OEM instructions on how to disassemble the dash to get to the back of the headunit. ;)

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
jamaitin said:
Is there a way to play my iPod without an FM transmiter?
Yes, but with an 06 model, you will have to go through the RSE input back in the 3rd row. Peaty has a DIY and I'm sure he'll link you to it.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Peaty said:
http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1188843

there is that, I happen to have the service manual which tells how to take the dash apart. At this point tough I don't see a need for doing a mod since the player does MP3's also it's my wife's ride and she does not think it's needed either.
Ah yes, the "deny i need an iPod" excuse... :lol:

I used to be the same way. let me tell you this: playing an MP3 CD is not truly playing MP3's as you are still burning discs and committing to those changes until you burn another disc. It is kind of a half-assed way of doing it that is inefficient, wasteful, and quickly becomes more expensive than if you just went out an bought an iPod. An MP3 player such as an Ipod holds WAAAY more audio than a disc, but unlike the CD method, it is much more flexible allowing you to add, delete and modiy tracks easily without throwing away discs or wasting time burning them. Believe me, I used to be a big-time CD-burner, and I still buy audio CD's so my purchases are backed up with a legitimate hard-copy (plus the lyric books are pretty cool). However, when I get those CDs home, they are immedtaly ripped to iTunes first thing and synced to my Ipod. I currently have about 70GB worth of music in my pocket and have room for about 90GB more. My entire music collection goes with me everywhere I go and is available at my fingertips anytime and anywhere. You just can't do that with a CD.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts