Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've looked everywhere and can't seem to find out if there's a video output from the dvd/monitor? I have a 2008 Tribeca with the rear intertainment system and navigation. I decided to install some Vizualogic headrest that I had laying around and thought the video plug behind the dash monitor was an output not an input.
So, is there a wire diagram somewhere that says which wires are the output that I can tap into?
Anybody else heard of this being done?
I could put in another DVD player or PS2 to run the headrest but I was hoping to intergrate ithem into the factory system.

Please help as I have already installed them and the headrest.

Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well since there has been 43 views and nobody knows how to connect my headrest to the rear entertainment system I added a PS2 to run the headrest until I can figure it out.

I added pics of the headrest and the PS2. I mounted the PS2 on some drawer sliders so my son can easily reach the on/off switch and elevated it off the ground so that the vent in the floor is still usable.

I look foward to your comments and hope someone will figure out how to add a video output.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well this weekend I was able to figure out which wire was the Video output wire and got my headrests to work with the factory DVD player. I also added a PS2 that will be under the seat that can be displayed on all monitors.

The signal wire that I used is the wire that sends the signal from the DVD player to the front monitor. I don't have pics right now but it's the yellow wire in the 24 pin connector located in the ceiling. Once you take off the cover, you will see a connector to the right (when sitting in the back seat) which allows you to disconnect the unit and remove it. I cut the end off an RCA cable and connected the positive (shielded) wire to the yellow (I think it was #6) wire and then grounded the unshieldied wire to the grey/blue wire.

Hope this helps anyone that was thinking of doing this to there Tribeca.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Very nice clean install. You did the cutting and install yourself?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts