Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after driving subies for four years me and my wife are looking at trading in our Legacy for Tribeca, it will be a used one and we are going to look at a couple later this week. My question is my wife wants a 7-passenger I really don't care either way, but for the people who have either, which would you recommend? Or does it matter since it doesn't affect cargo area? biggest problem we are facing is if we want a 7-passenger we are looking at a long long look being in central florida there are a couple around but not many and the 7 passenger is even harder to find. We aren't that picky but in our price range there are two within a reasonable driving distance both 06's one with over 90k miles but a 7-pass and one with 65k miles but a 5-pass both with leather and otherwise equal options. The 5-passenger has a hitch on it already not sure if that is good or bad.

The other major issue is I knowing subie is a great brand, but still I would like at least a powertrain warranty, are there any that would cover a high-mileage vehicle beyond 100k miles?

Thanks for reading my novel here...LOL any advice would be appreciated. BTW we aren't parents yet but planning to go down that road soon.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Ok, we have an 07' 7 passenger and have NEVER used it. It is always folded down and I bought a 5 passenger cargo tray to go over it. We don't have a family and really don't intend on having one.

The last row is only for your smallest and thinnest of friends that are no taller then 5'2" or kids. Also keep in mind the third row has no side curtain air bags. If you have the third row up all time, you sacrifice a lot of cargo room. Also if you go for an 06, there is no standard AUX jack or iPod integration available. So if you need alternate media sources, those aren't there.

I'd say that the 5 pass w/ trailer is fine as long as there is a tranny cooler installed since you don't know what the last guy was pulling. As for warranties, hopefully some of those B9's have the Subaru 100k Extended warranty attached to it. Keep in mind that is the only warranty backed by Subaru.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, I have been thinking the same thing about the third row that it is unnecesary, but the wife well you know how that is... It would be her vehicle and so I want her to be happy with it. We are leaning towards the 5 passenger though I suppose we will have to have a good look at both. The audio jack doesnt really matter to me, I am sure I can add it in later like some guys have done on the forester forums. The 07's are a bit nicer but in this area even harder to find in our price range. They are as much as the 08's and considerably more than we can afford anyway. Problem with subaru warranty is that it would need to go to a subaru dealer and those are few and far between here, there is only one in the county and they just opened so they are still learning (i don't trust them just yet). So we are going to have to find something either in Tampa, Orlando, or surrounding areas. The closest established dealer is about 50 miles away. I wouldn't have a problem with an aftermarket breakdown coverage as long as it was reputable I just can't seem to find one that would cover much after 100k miles. (Not that I blame them) I may just have to suck it up and take a chance without the coverage, and save some cash just in case.

Anyone care to chime in on how their B9 is holding up over the long haul say 60k miles plus.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Welcome hope you get one. I rarely ever use the 7pass but it gives you a few nice touches like a rear a/c system and its nice to have i guess but not needed by no means. try craigslist and ebay, you might find some from dealers in a near area by you. best of luck!

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcome, we have two mentioned above that we will look at for sure, but we don't have our minds set on either yet. I just don't know about holding out for a lower mileage 7passenger in our price range, we may never find it, especially given how few we have come across in the past few months.

·
Registered
139 Posts
FLsubies said:
Anyone care to chime in on how their B9 is holding up over the long haul say 60k miles plus.
Ours is great at 65k. I put Mobil 1 in it since our first day with it (we bought one used as well), and I've just today replaced the OEM tires that came on it back in '06. No complaints at all, and no repairs; just scheduled maintenance.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ours is great at 65k. I put Mobil 1 in it since our first day with it (we bought one used as well), and I've just today replaced the OEM tires that came on it back in '06. No complaints at all, and no repairs; just scheduled maintenance.
Good to hear, Mobil 1 is my choice of oil as well and is what I have put in our subies to date they run pretty good. Still on the hunt for that perfect Tribeca!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have an '06 7-passenger Ltd. I only use the third row when needed. I have just over 68k miles on my Tribeca and no problems, except for a burnt out puddle light (no biggy), and I'm still using Subaru dino oil. My buddy is a service adviser so he takes care of me and my needs!

Good luck in finding your wife's Tribeca.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We found one already late last year, a higher mileage 07 7-passenger limited. So far we are very happy with it and the third row while not used much is very nice to have just in case. BTW glad we got the ltd the extras are really nice to have.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.