Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,

Long story short I took a trip from Bay Area CA to Vegas with my Tribeca. Heat in Mojave and approaching Vegas was in the 105-110 range. During steep grade, engine bogged a few times then check engine light went on. VSC stayed on, cruise and sport mode light went on and kept blinking. Pulled over, shut down engine and put gas. Started it up and CEL, VSC, and cruise lights still on. Sport mode light went off. High temps or bad gas or both caused the issue? Car runs fine now but those lights still on. I'm still in Vegas till the weekend and already called Vegas Subie. Told them the story and they said it could've been bad gas. Btw I run 89 octane without any issues but issue above happened few hours after filling up halfway through my trip. Subie service swamped today but they said go to Autozone or Kragens to get free CEL code check and call them back. Since car is running fine, service dept suggesting bad gas and how CA gas is different from Nevada gas. So after I get CEL check, how do I reset CEL so cruise and stability control working again? Disconnected battery but that didn't work. Fuse? Thanks for any info. Btw temp in Vegas still in the 105's and can feel the engine working harder than the normal 60-90 degree weather in Bay Area.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Wherever you get the code read (Autozone, etc) can clear it also.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts