Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of looking for a set of wheels for the 'beca. I found a set of rims with the following specs...

Size: 18x8.5"
Offset: +50mm
Bolt Pattern: 5x114.3

I know the size is ok and the bolt pattern is ok, but will the offset of 50 mm work?

I know this may be a silly question considering it is a 5mm difference from a wheel I know will work (45mm offset)... but I'm pretty new to this.

Thanks all... :tup:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Tony999 said:
I'm in the process of looking for a set of wheels for the 'beca. I found a set of rims with the following specs...

Size: 18x8.5"
Offset: +50mm
Bolt Pattern: 5x114.3

I know the size is ok and the bolt pattern is ok, but will the offset of 50 mm work?

I know this may be a silly question considering it is a 5mm difference from a wheel I know will work (45mm offset)... but I'm pretty new to this.

Thanks all... :tup:
The oem rims is 18x8 55 offset
5mm difference will not be a problem ... we just get the wheel off 5mm​

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!

Also looking at a set:

5x114 fitment, + 38 offset, 20 x 8.5"

I like the idea of getting 20's on the 'beca.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Tony999 said:
Thanks!

Also looking at a set:

5x114 fitment, + 38 offset, 20 x 8.5"

I like the idea of getting 20's on the 'beca.
Τhe 38 offset maybe is big difference.....
weight of the rims is very important for me​

·
Registered
552 Posts
I don't think +38 offset would be too big of a deal since we're dealing with an SUV. It will make the wheel stick out ~2/3" more, but being an SUV clearance isn't a huge issue. If we're talking about a lowered STi, then I'd have second thoughts where you get into problems with fender rub:p

Best bet...ask the tire shop if they see it being a problem.

·
449 Posts
Too big of an offset difference will the scrub radius, that can make the handing funky.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts