Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

Where the 2 exhaust pipes coming from the engine join mid-way underneath the car, there's a metal (aluminum?) shield mounted above that rattles at low rpm. I checked the bolts - it's securely mounted. Any idea how to quiet it down?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry this reply is late in coming. I had the exact same issue...turned out to be an internal component within the catalytic converter. Dealer replaced the cat under warranty.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have the same issue, and I solved it by wedging a small peice of stainless steel sheeting between the exhaust and the sheild. It works for now. I notince the other side is now making the same noise and I need to have a look at that one, too.

·
Registered
27 Posts
McGurk said:
I have the same issue, and I solved it by wedging a small peice of stainless steel sheeting between the exhaust and the sheild. It works for now. I notince the other side is now making the same noise and I need to have a look at that one, too.
Is your stainless sheeting fix still holding up?
I have a rattling, so far I can only assume one or two heat shields which slightly move, although bolted down properly. My arms aren't long enough yet to be under the car while pushing the gas pedal down to test :)
Would a piece of aluminum work or am I creating some corrosion effect with other material near there?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.