Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, first post about my recent purchase of a 2010 Tribeca Premium from Armidale, NSW Australia.
My Tribeca was purchased without the Nav system connected, it has the unit & DVD under seat but no lights on dash.
I removed the dash to discover the harness appears removed altogether. I'm thinking I should be able to buy a Nav harness 2nd hand but cannot see where it might plug into the main harness.
Can anyone describe that connection or better, a pic of the connection?

·
Registered
808 Posts
So, the screen is there, but not all connectors for it are present? Is there a connector for the buttons? This is strange. I thought for a moment that a previous owner attempted to retrofit a navigation system but gave up after not finding the harness in the instrument panel. But if such were the case, they wouldn't even be able to make the screen work. You will need to look at the wiring diagram and see what exactly is missing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Subaru only brought the Premium model into OZ, it appears that mine was disconnected by removing the harness. Think I'll just buy that harness and maybe the wiring connector will become obvious. Thanks for your replies 👍
Phill

·
V6er Version 2
Facelift (EZ36D, 5EAT TG5D), MY2008, 7seat Limited (no DVD, no NAVI)
343 Posts
I think that it might be the same(or similar) as with sirius unit - originally it had cable with three connectors. What I am assuming - it replaces cable with two connectors, by adding another one for your nav device. But I haven't looked into it - so... it might be just my speculations!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts