Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
awd_envy said:
Anyone know whats new? Has the user interface been updated? 3D perspective perhaps? New Maps?

http://store.kenwoodusa.com/product.asp?sku=3762538
No new interface, just updated maps. I have not found anything new in the format or menus as of yet, but have seen some new streets on the map (I live in a VERY fast-growing part of the country).

Actually, I was kind of hoping the outside temperature would finally show on the map display, but it does not as yet for my '06 (I believe this has worked for '70-08 in the past).

-Karen in AZ-

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Karen,

I do indeed get the outside temperature on the map display on my 07', however I had to turn that feature on as it was not enabled by default.

- Jeremy

·
Registered
552 Posts
You do have to enable the temp to be shown on the map, not sure off hand where it is, but it's buried in some the navi settings. FWIW, mine was enabled initially but I turned it off b/c it appears in the extreme upper right corner and blocks the next turn directions there (it overlays on top of the navi info). IMHO, when I have the map up I need it for the navi, otherwise I typically leave it on the audio display where you can see the outside temp.

·
Registered
119 Posts
awd_envy said:
Karen,

I do indeed get the outside temperature on the map display on my 07', however I had to turn that feature on as it was not enabled by default.

- Jeremy
You can enable it on other screens but not on the map screen on an '06. That feature was omitted on the '06's, and there is no way to enable it that I have found in my research.

-Karen-

1 - 5 of 5 Posts