Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Wait, so you paid him for a physical disc, you don't get the disc, you get a refund and then you get a download link?

I'm a bit confused here. If a download link is provided, why pay shipping?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Wait, so you paid him for a physical disc, you don't get the disc, you get a refund and then you get a download link?

I'm a bit confused here. If a download link is provided, why pay shipping?
This is correct sir, and I was quite confused myself when I received the link via email the next day. I just checked my PP account and it still says pending on the refund, so I will have to contact them tomorrow to find out what that actually means or how long it stays like that for. It has been two days already.

Originally when we spoke via text I inquired about the iso files, to which he replied whichever way is ok with him. So I just deducted the $5 in my PP to him.

The $5 charge I guess is for the 2 DVD's plus the shipping of them. I wanted to avoid that, and just grab the ISO files and burn myself. Just a much quicker process than waiting for snail mail to deliver. In my mind I thought it would be: 1.) PP him, 2.) he sends link, 3.) I do the rest. Easy Peasy. No reason for him to burn copies, run to the PO to mail said discs out, then wait however many days for discs to arrive, yada, yada, yada. Instead it would just be instant gratification for both parties involved.

Sadly that isn't how it all went down at first, but then did in the end. Just the most bizarre interaction with anyone via the web for me.

And I tested today, and all is good. I will square away PP with him as soon as I figure out the pending refund thing.

The only other thing is PP has made a few bucks already from the back and forth between us that could have been completely avoided. Oh well, it is what it is I guess at this point. :Dunno:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Last Update

So after some testing, everything is good. I squared PP away with "Bob" threw him an apology, he did the same. So it's all good. Like I mentioned in my previous post, I believe it should go a little quicker and smoother now for the next person.

After all of this I must say he is honest. He refunded and still provided which he didn't have to do, but did, so :tup: to him!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
So after some testing, everything is good. I squared PP away with "Bob" threw him an apology, he did the same. So it's all good. Like I mentioned in my previous post, I believe it should go a little quicker and smoother now for the next person.

After all of this I must say he is honest. He refunded and still provided which he didn't have to do, but did, so :tup: to him!!

That's awesome! to hear the communication gap was "glued" back together, for lack of a better term, and all is well.

PS: So, does that mean if anyone wants/needs any discs burned in the future, you are the man for the job?

PPS: Thanks again for keeping us informed. In the end, glad it was a positive outcome.

·
Registered
75 Posts
PS: So, does that mean if anyone wants/needs any discs burned in the future, you are the man for the job?
No sir. I think Bob is the person to deal with for that. After all, he shelled full boat for the genuine deal, so would be more helpful for him. It just wouldn't be right for me to capitalize on that.

PPS: Thanks again for keeping us informed. In the end, glad it was a positive outcome.
No problem. I just wanted to head off what I thought was a problem, but thankfully turned out not to be. After all, in my mind, helping out other members is an integral part of being a member of this community.

·
Registered
4 Posts
O.K. so the disks are in and work fine! PM me for details or just send me a text at: 201-321-0438. Thanks! Bob
Just a heads up for anyone still following this thread: I contacted Bob yesterday in reference to version 10. Within 30 minutes had the download link. Burned the file to a disc and works perfect. Obviously a good, quick experience FYI.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I was one of the persons that jumped in when another member (Subiedan??) offered to buy a legit set of V8.0 east and west discs. We all got copies for I think $40 or something close to that.

A few days ago I traded it our 2008 Tribeca on a new 2016 Toyota XLE Highlander. I took the V8.0 discs out and stuck the V3.0 in.
I didn't see much difference in V3 to V8, maybe more info on searches, not much on roads unless the roads were built between the time V3 and V8 discs were made.
So my V8.0 discs are available along with an Alldata service CD that I bought on eBay, an unopened quart of Subie (Idemitsu) tranny fluid and a drain plug. Forgot to swap it with the Fumoto drain plug.
PM me if your interested in these. I'll sell all of these pretty cheap.

Attachments

·
Registered
2008 Limited
93 Posts
Nav v 10 question

Hi,
Brand new member and owner of an "08 Tribeca Limited. Purchased yesterday in Lancaster PA with 56k miles on it. Excellent condition and great driver! I'm not new to Subaru having previously owned a 97 Impreza Sport (Outback Junior).

So much for the intro. The Nav on my car has v8 software and cannot locate my address. Was wondering if someone who has v10 could try my street and let me know the result. PM me if you will help.
Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
OliverB, I will be upgrading my Nav soon, I just picked up an 06 w/ Nav and pretty sure it has the original discs in it. Driving around with the Nav shows that I drive "off-road" a lot! I will let you know as soon as I get them in. BTW-Hi neighbor! I am over in York, almost next door

·
Registered
2008 Limited
93 Posts
OliverB, I will be upgrading my Nav soon, I just picked up an 06 w/ Nav and pretty sure it has the original discs in it. Driving around with the Nav shows that I drive "off-road" a lot! I will let you know as soon as I get them in. BTW-Hi neighbor! I am over in York, almost next door
Yep, pretty close. Used to live in MD just over line from Hanover area. Thanks for the offer. It will be great to know if my address is now in V10.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
rbbakeriii,

I PM'd you I still have the 8.0 East I will sell.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Sold 8.0 East and West. Thanks for the interest.

·
Registered
06 Tribeca
2 Posts
Hi all. I know this is an OLD thread…lol…but I just acquired a beautiful 2006 Limited with all the bells and whistles for an amazing price. Only problem is it has the original nav disk from 2005. Is there any way to still be able to upgrade for not a lot of money? Really think that nav updates should be free as they are with aftermarket but it is what it is. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts