Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That didn't take long! 9.0 came out in April and now 10.0 in August of the same year. I would be interested if anybody lays down the $238 whether there is much new information.

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
It's probably minor updates, given the short period of time. I wouldn't get too upset.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Speaking of this update.. I think mine is ver 2 or whatever the map data from 2006.. I noticed the other day driving down some roads that some side roads were not showing on the map.. I wonder why that is?

·
Registered
703 Posts
Probably because those roads didn't exist when v2 was published. Or you're using the wrong east/west DVD.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Then Kenwood simply screwed up :D

Seriously though, keep in mind that in 2006, consumer GPS was a relatively new technology (and to a certain extent, still is even today); data is still being gathered in some parts of the country (especially, but not isolated to, rural areas) and there isn't a universal database/clearinghouse for all of the GPS unit mfg's, i.e. it's not uncommon to see gaps in data among the various mfg's (depending on where their source data is coming from).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone else interested in ver. 10.0?

That didn't take long! 9.0 came out in April and now 10.0 in August of the same year. I would be interested if anybody lays down the $238 whether there is much new information.
Just bought our first Subie so we are new to all this. It's an '07 and in serious need of a nav update. Anyone interested in pitching in? I'm good for $50, but I'm not savvy enough to set up a torrent.

·
Registered
2008 Subaru Tribeca Limited
18 Posts
I bought my version 10.0 update here. Excellent price vs. from Kenwood. Regarding the discs, they state "some are used, some are new", not sure where they are getting them. My disc label looks like the legitimate article, but the case label looked homemade. The disc worked just fine, but don't get too excited about the newest map data, some areas near me are shown on the map, but the navigation refuses to use them in a route, saying that I will be traveling on unmapped roads. These roads have been here since before I was born.

·
Registered
47 Posts
$238 is a ridiculous amount to charge, considering that you can download google area maps for offline use for free on your smart phone. Even sadder to think that you can buy a Garmin GPS for less that has lifetime map updates.

·
Registered
9 Posts
2016 Subaru North America Navigation Maps DVD V.10.0

Gentlemen. I'm waiting for my copy of these current map DVD's to arrive. when they do I'll be happy to get you a set for $25 plus shipping. PM me so I can get a list together then I'll give you instructions. $200+ for these are simply a rip-off by any means and that's just right. $25 makes it highly reasonable and everyone's happy. Take Care...

Bob

·
Registered
45 Posts
Gentlemen. I'm waiting for my copy of these current map DVD's to arrive. when they do I'll be happy to get you a set for $25 plus shipping. PM me so I can get a list together then I'll give you instructions. $200+ for these are simply a rip-off by any means and that's just right. $25 makes it highly reasonable and everyone's happy. Take Care...

Bob
Good to know, I'll keep this in mind as I'm am looking at a couple of 06/07 Limited 7seater. Thank you Bob

·
Registered
1 Posts
In need of someone's help with any recent update set of discs?

Hi guys, I'm a newbie here- just bought a 07 Tribeca and while researching my outdated nav maps I came across the various threads here. I'm definitely in need of someone's help with a new set of discs! Is there anyone here still willing to help? Doesn't necessarily have to be ver. 10, any recent update will be a huge improvement on what I currently have. Please let me know asap if available? Thanks!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Disks are in! They work fine in my 2008 Tribeca!

O.K. so the disks are in and work fine! PM me for details or just send me a text at: 201-321-0438. Thanks! Bob

Bob

·
Registered
75 Posts
Scam

:busted_cop: Just a warning to the SB9T community. Please do not send any money or info to bobjersey1. I PM'd him here to which he told me to text him via cell so that he may explain. I contacted him on Saturday via text and he replied back, however I did make the foolish mistake of trusting him :headwall:, PP'd him some money (not much) and have not heard from him since. Now I'm not too broken up about the money, again it was a small amount, however, I wouldn't want anyone else here to do the same. I'd like to think were all honest in our little community, and most people on here I am sure are. Unfortunately there are always a few bad apples in the group I guess.

Again just putting this out there as I don't want anyone else in this community to make the same mistake I did. Now if I do hear back from "Bob" who BTW claims he's an honest guy in this thread http://www.sb9t.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2503
then I will by all means report back here with an update. But so far, I've sent a few texts to him and nothing. :tdown:

Tomorrow I will contact PP and my CC company to see if anything can be done on their end.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Update

Well, as of 8:30 AM today, I gave Bob the benefit of the doubt and reached out to him again. He replied back and things seem to be on track.:tup: I will post back again when I can confirm that everything went through and is working correctly. When that happens I will delete my previous post.

I only posted what I posted last night because of the no response\reply from Bob for the better part of Saturday, and all of Sunday, which made me a little Leary. I guess I took the "better safe than sorry" logic in making my late night post to the rest of the community. Hopefully everything will work out as I don't like crying wolf on anyone, nor tarnishing anyone's reputation, and don't want to post false alerts to the community.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Well, as of 8:30 AM today, I gave Bob the benefit of the doubt and reached out to him again. He replied back and things seem to be on track.:tup: I will post back again when I can confirm that everything went through and is working correctly. When that happens I will delete my previous post.

I only posted what I posted last night because of the no response\reply from Bob for the better part of Saturday, and all of Sunday, which made me a little Leary. I guess I took the "better safe than sorry" logic in making my late night post to the rest of the community. Hopefully everything will work out as I don't like crying wolf on anyone, nor tarnishing anyone's reputation, and don't want to post false alerts to the community.
Thank you shwabo for the honesty and keeping the rest of the community in the loop. It IS nice to see, people still look out for one another even if they don't know each other, or are across the pond, so to speak.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Update 2

So today I again decide to reach out to "Bob" just to confirm that he had shipped as he told me he would yesterday. I get a reply back saying that he did not see any shipping info and therefore did not ship, and that I should text it to him so that he could ship out today. I again ask about making it available via electronically, which, BTW, he initially told me was not a problem to which he replies "I will see what I can do". The day goes on, I again don't hear back from him for the rest of the day.

Come evening (about 3 hrs later) I reach out again to ask of the progress. No response. I say how about reversing payment, or PP me back. No response. About 1.5 hrs later I text him again. 10 mins after that I finally get a response that "I have a refund and to stop bothering him". I have checked PP and a refund has been issued. It does say pending and he did leave a little love note for me via PP. :rolleyes:

So I must say he is honest, albeit his communication skills are horrible. Another user noted the same thing in this thread:

http://www.sb9t.com/forums/showthread.php?p=16617#post16617

And this post about getting 8.0 for a reasonable price seems to be a bunch of bull. I emailed him 2-3 times, never got a reply, just more spam.
I definitely appreciate the honesty and refund, but going by the experience I had, I would have to caution anyone against dealing with him. If you do decide to take a chance, please consider yourself forewarned.

And no problem H3TRIH3. I believe that looking out for each other is a big part of what makes this community so great. I would actually feel bad if I had said nothing and then read about someone else in here having the same experience as I did. In my mind that just wouldn't be right.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Update 3

Sooo....in a strange turn of events, I checked my email this evening and much to my surprise, there was a download link made available to me. Despite the PP refund, and despite the little love note left to me yesterday, things were made good today. This has to be one of the most bizarre dealings I have ever had with a person via the web. But, since "Bob" made good on his end, I have to uphold mine and keep the community informed. As soon as my PP account stabilizes, I will take care of that too as it still says pending for the refund. Fair is fair.

If you decide to go this route just be prepared for the S-L-O-W almost non existent communication, however now that it is electronically available, it may go a little quicker for the next person. Well at least I hope it does anyways.

Just thought I would let everyone know.

Ohhh....and in case "Bob" reads this, Thanks!!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts