Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
I know this isn't terribly helpful, but I am planning to install an Azentek Smartmirror (with navi, bluetooth, and backup camera) sometime this winter. Azentek is in the process of upping the navi/camera screen size so I'm waiting to see what the new model will look like. Interestingly, Subaru is offering a rearview mirror w/ backup camera for 2010, so the Azentek will be similar to OEM.

Something for you to consider...

·
Registered
552 Posts
It is not possible.

A guy on here (who also owns his own body shop, so he knows how to work on cars) tried to do it. Long story short, the wiring harnesses are not even close to being the same and even with the local dealer's help he could not obtain the required harnesses.

The reason why it is not possible (factory only option) is that even though the actual navi system is mediocre at best...the whole system is highly integrated with the car. There are "info" screens for fuel economy, security settings (ie: dome lights, door chimes, key fob chirps), etc. Not to mention the radio/sat/RSE integration.

Sorry

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok great thanks! All I needed to know... and about that mirror idea, I would be interested to know if you get it installed!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts