Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to search and couldn't find reference. But I just came across this video and I am trying to figure out what is going on here in this video, and how that was done. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFlGyn_VLpg

Looking at this persons other videos it appears that he likes to hack built in Nav systems. I wonder how much can be done to a Tribeca's given what that video shows.

·
Registered
124 Posts
That nav system is using a different kind of software. The maps are in russian or something so I'm sure if you got ahold of those russian maps the nav software would be on the same discs.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Yeah, I wonder where he's at? I noticed the weird characters as well.

That nav system looks substantially better than the standard system...I want it! He also can still click through the audio/info screens.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi there,
the program name is IGO 2006 with teleatlas map of Russia. The program has multi-language interface (russian in this example) and can be run on pocketpc or pc.
I think that there is carpc installation with something like mircom. (www.mircom.ru). And I not sure which touchscreen they have. May be they have oem subaru touchscreen, it's possible with such mircom device.

Regards,
Andrew

·
Registered
7 Posts
awd_envy said:
Andrew,

Are you running a Garmin Nav unit instead of the OEM DVDrom unit to do this?
This is not my video :)
I have this program (IGO 2006) installed on my pocketpc and on my windowsXP PC, and I know how it looks like. But I use my pocketpc for navigation as additional navi device, (like garmin nuvi, for example) and can't use factory monitor for this. The difference in Russia, that we do not have full regions map coverage. We have full coverage for Moscow and St.Petersburg regions from teleatlas and from garmin. They are difference. And we have some additional regions maps for garmin only. So I can't for example use this program (igo2006) to navigate far away from Moscow.

You can see additional screenshots there:
http://www.navngo.com/pages/global/eng/igomw_sreenshots

If you want to use not oem navi with your subaru oem monitor, you can try kenwood g510/520 (it's garmin gvn51/52 with kenwood connectors). It's a good solution. But at this time we have some problems with no navi sound on oem suba radio. But I hope that we will solve it :)

Regards,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.