Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been a member of various Suby forums since 2001 and have owned 5 different Suby's since (2 WRX's, 1 STI, 1 Outback XT, 1 Tribeca) and this is my first time posting pics....sorry they suck. These photos don't do this car justice. It looks amazing with these wheels and drives and handles great. I also debadged the rear.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
I've been thinking of debadging the rear of my black 06'. Are all of the badges mounted with emblem tape or are there any holes left behind after removal? Thanks for jumping on the grenade I was hoping someone would do it before I tried!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ALL Subaru emblems debadge in 2 seconds with a heat gun. Just heat up the badge, take dental floss and GENTLY pull the emblem back, then cut the 'pulled glue' with something plastic (even an old license or Credit Card works).....then get some compound and wax to get the glue off......looks sick. I did this on all my Subies.

The ride is awesome. I live in downtown Philly where the roads suck and it is just fine. ....Tough to compare to stock; I had the wheels ordered so I could drive the truck right from the dealer to the wheels shop (about 10 minutes) ;).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,246 Posts
blackmax said:
Thanks for the debadging reply, Now there is something else to do on my list for tonight!
I want to debadge, but it's too cold in NJ right now and I don't have a heat gun
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Magic Marker said:
I want to debadge, but it's too cold in NJ right now and I don't have a heat gun
It's never too cold.....you can use your girl's hairdryer.....or go to CVS and buy a cheap one; they work just as well.....the 'Beca was much harder to do though than WRX's or OBXT.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,246 Posts
normality.syndrome said:
Looks like the front turn signals have been cleared, a lot more chrome added around the door and the side view mirrors are different. Is that stock in the Czech Republic?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Magic Marker said:
Looks like the front turn signals have been cleared, a lot more chrome added around the door and the side view mirrors are different. Is that stock in the Czech Republic?
MagicMarker - this Tribeca is imported from Deutschland, because they have a little bit better price (biggest market) then dealers in Czech Republice. All extras (chrome - windows and front mask, wheels etc.) are in "action packet" in Deutschland. List price of this car is 53.377,15 euro. Now it looks little different, because i was buy some extra adds - chrome, parking sensors (front and back), towing bracket, xenons, guard plates and boot rack, because if you have a boot rack in Czech Republic (fleet car !), you have 19% off (some kind of tax). There is a many differences between US (Australia, CA etc.) and europe version. One of them is colour of turn signals. Other is different settings of suspensions, gear unit etc. It is because we (in europe) drive much more faster :eek:) and roads type is different too. Side view mirrors is also different - much bigger.
PS: sorry for my english :eek:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,246 Posts
normality.syndrome said:
MagicMarker - this Tribeca is imported from Deutschland, because they have a little bit better price (biggest market) then dealers in Czech Republice. All extras (chrome - windows and front mask, wheels etc.) are in "action packet" in Deutschland. List price of this car is 53.377,15 euro. Now it looks little different, because i was buy some extra adds - chrome, parking sensors (front and back), towing bracket, xenons, guard plates and boot rack, because if you have a boot rack in Czech Republic (fleet car !), you have 19% off (some kind of tax). There is a many differences between US (Australia, CA etc.) and europe version. One of them is colour of turn signals. Other is different settings of suspensions, gear unit etc. It is because we (in europe) drive much more faster :eek:) and roads type is different too. Side view mirrors is also different - much bigger.
PS: sorry for my english :eek:)
Hey, here in the states the dealers tell us that they can only find part numbers based on the VIN. I'm pretty sure a lot of US people here would appreciate it if you could give us a VIN so we can look for Euro parts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Eagle LS2 Tires....

Anyone have any comments on these tires? I am not reading many good reviews of them, and before it is too late to swap them out, I would like to know more about them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
I like these 5-spokes. look very natural on this car. Spokes that are too thin or having too many spokes don't work well on this car because that is a look that works more for small imports, not our trucks
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top