Subaru B9 Trifecta SUV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I'd post up...... first thorough cleaning of spring :)

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Sweet. Once the weather gets dry I'll do my official B9 - Impreza Outback Sport shoot. ;)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
VF39 turbo, 5" bellmouth downpipe, 3" full catless exhaust, STI intercooler, SPT intake, Cobb Accessport stage 3 tune..... 290 whp/362 bhp

Later, had it dynotuned by Cobb.... was able to max out the injectors and get me at 302 whp..... equals out to be 377bhp

·
Registered
50 Posts
ninefourteener said:
VF39 turbo, 5" bellmouth downpipe, 3" full catless exhaust, STI intercooler, SPT intake, Cobb Accessport stage 3 tune..... 290 whp/362 bhp

Later, had it dynotuned by Cobb.... was able to max out the injectors and get me at 302 whp..... equals out to be 377bhp
Very Nice! On my 03 wagon I have an Greddy 18G turbo, 5" bellmouth downpipe, 3" catless exhaust and modded stock intake box. I am about to purchase a FMIC and get it tuned. Once all that is done I will just need to upgrade the tranny so it wont blow up on me. Show be looking at 300 at the wheels.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You should have had to upgrade your fuel injectors and your fuel pump as well..... Didn't you?? What EM are you using?

Your 18G is capable of well over 300whp..... but you're going to need more fuel to support it. I BARELY broke 300whp with my stock 555cc injectors.

STI pinks are only 550cc, and you have a smaller displacement engine (2.0 vs 2.5). You may need to go with an injector over 600cc to produce that much power....

Good luck... post up when you get it done!

·
Registered
50 Posts
No I am on stock injectors and stock pump with no EM. I have been for 25K with no problems. I run 16 psi with a Greddy E01 EBC. I will be upgrading my inj. fuel pump, FMIC and EM all at the same time. I will be using deatschWerks 650cc injectors. I will definately post up some pics.

ninefourteener said:
You should have had to upgrade your fuel injectors and your fuel pump as well..... Didn't you?? What EM are you using?

Your 18G is capable of well over 300whp..... but you're going to need more fuel to support it. I BARELY broke 300whp with my stock 555cc injectors.

STI pinks are only 550cc, and you have a smaller displacement engine (2.0 vs 2.5). You may need to go with an injector over 600cc to produce that much power....

Good luck... post up when you get it done!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You're on borrowed time without am EM. Fortunately, you're only boosting 16psi (I've seen guys push 20psi on the stock turbo with no EM.... stupid). With that though, your injectors are only supplying enough fuel to support the stock boost, because your ECU hasn't been told to provide more fuel to compensate for the added boost.

So...... you have a lean condition. Granted, not a severe one at only 16psi.... but you still have one. I'd be willing to bet your plugs are snow white, and you may be burning the tops of your pistons.

Get the EM first.... please. Just don't want to see you blow anything up, you know?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.